Chapter 2

It wasn’t going to be a long flight. I was very happy about that, cause I hadn’t been on a plane before and I was scared as hell. I sat next to Scarlett, who tried to calm me down. We had only known each other for like 20 minutes and it already felt like we had been friends forever. She had long, brown hair, deep blue eyes and she was a bit shorter than me. She was really easy going and it clicked from the start.

“Only an hour and a half left till we arrive inParis! I’m so excited!” she squealed. I tried to smile at her. At this moment I was only hoping we wouldn’t crash and that I would survive this flight. Planes where not my thing.

“When I’m with both feet on the ground, I will be excited as well.” I said. My voice trembling with fear.

She laughed at me. “I promise we are not going to crash, it’s just a short flight, it’s totally safe!”

I shrugged. I just didn’t like to be so far from the ground. If people where made to fly, we would have had wings.

Scarlett continued talking the ears of my head and it distracted me a bit. We talked about almost everything. I found out that Scarlett came from a big family, she had three brothers and two little sisters. She lived a few kilometers outsideLondonand this was her graduation year. She had always loved music and when she was 8 she started singing. She auditioned for x Factor because her mom made her. She never thought she was good enough and she still couldn’t believe it. We had that in common. She had always wanted to become a singer and when she wanted to live in big city with her boyfriend Darren when she moved out.

“Ladies and gentleman, we have just been cleared to land at the airport, please fasten your seatbelts.”

I did as told and grabbed Scarlett’s arm for support. I will survive this, I will survive this, I will survive this.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought that it would be. I stood up shakily and almost ran out of the plane I wanted to leave as fast as possible. I heard Scarlett’s laugh behind me and the second I placed my feet at the ground I joined in.

“Are you not going to kiss the ground? I would totally see you doing that.” She asked still laughing.

I huffed. She knew me too well already, it would be something for me to do that. I shot her a look, what only made her laugh harder.

“You two having fun?” A girl with long blond hair asked. She didn’t look very happy. “Will you guys please hurry up and get your suitcases? We are waiting. Again.” She turned around, flipped her hair over her shoulder and walked back to the group.

Scarlett looked like she was about to kill someone with her eyes. I grabbed her arm and we ran after them. The airport was huge, and I was afraid we would loose the group. We got our suitcases back and made our way out of the airport.

When we got outside Scarlett started screaming and the other girls joined in. She jumped around like mad and then I finally noticed a big, black limousine on the other side of the street.

“Girls, before you meet your mentor we are going to make short round trip throughParis. So please get in the limo, we are late.” Kelly said a little annoyed.

“Aren’t we always?” Scarlett whispered making a funny face behind Kelly’s back.

The limousine was huge, I had never been into one before, but it looked exactly like one of those you see in the movies. I sat between Scarlett and Blondie. I still didn’t know her name and I didn’t bother to ask.

“Girls, do you even know each others names?” Kelly asked, apparently reading my thoughts. We all mumbled no.

Kelly introduced us. I found out that Blondies name was actually Kelsey. The two other girls where Allison and Isa. They where sisters. They both had that long, dark, straight hair that was to die for, with a pair of deep brown eyes. They where really sweet girls and they had already made their way to my heart.

Kelsey on the other hand, was acting like a first class Barbie. Like she was too good for us, already convinced that she was going to win. She just ignored us and I was perfectly fine with that.

Kelly revealed we where going to theEiffelTower. I squealed. I always wanted to go there. We where all excited as hell, except for Kelsey, who said she’d already been there two times. I rolled my eyes. She was not going to ruin my mood, it wasn’t worth it. Some people just had a big ego.

After a while I felt myself fall asleep. Maybe it wasn’t so bad to rest for a while, traveling made me tired. “Wake me when we get there.” I mumbled.

Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell, you don’t know, oh oh, you don’t know you’re beautiful.

I shot up at the sound of the deafening ringtone almost smashing the coffee Kelsey was holding. Thank god glares couldn’t kill.

Isa giggled and picked up her phone. “Hi mom, I don’t think this is the right time to talk, I’m in a limo.” She mumbled. “No, I’m not kidding. Okay, love you.”

She stared at us uneasy till Scarlett started to laugh. “It’s allowed to answer your phone in a limousine, you know.”

“So you like One Direction?” Kelly asked.

“Yes, I love them.” She replied. “I went to one of their concerts with my sister once.” They both smiled.

“I am so jealous right now.” Scarlett whined. “My parents never let me go to one of their concerts.”

“I went to three.” Obviously coming from Kelsey. Scarlett shot her an annoyed look and she just shrugged.

“What about you?” Kelly asked looking at me strangely.

I shrugged. “Not my type of music.”

Four pair of eyes looked at my like I was an alien. It was probably not the time to say that I had known one of the members. And with known I mean dated. It was the biggest mistake of my life. He left me for the fame. Someone better than me, more famous. Someone he could be seen with. I didn’t want to be reminded, I just wanted to forget. Him being in the worlds biggest boy band didn’t really help. Their songs, the magazines, the news and the gossip, it was everywhere. I only had to turn on my TV, to stare right in his face.

Kelly nodded and asked us if we wanted something to eat. I wasn’t hungry anymore. I was stupid to let one little break up that was almost two years ago, affect me so much. I couldn’t let this happen again. They couldn’t help it, they didn’t know. But every time this subject came up, it would still hurt, even though I was over it.

“Are you okay?” Scarlett asked munching away on a croissant. She had probably noticed my mood change.

“Totally. Just a bit tired.” I said faking a smile. She raised her eyebrow, obviously not believing me. But she let it go.

“Oh my god! There it is! Allison squealed. We all stared out the window. I had literally dreamed of this. It was exactly like one of those movies. We couldn’t hide our excitement any longer. When we finally arrived, we almost fell out of the car. Kelly laughed at us enjoying our excitement, and Kelsey rolled her eyes once more.

I felt like a little kid going to a candy shop for the first time. We didn’t have to wait in the massive queue, which none of us minded. A group of camera’s had joined our little group, probably to film our reaction or something. I felt a little awkward, I never liked camera’s. But if I got through this, it was time I started to get used to them. I just tried to ignore them for now.

When we got on top of theEiffelTowerI felt like I was on top of the world. It was freezing but the view was breath taking. You could see all ofParis. It was beautiful. I wondered what it was like to live here. After a few moments Kelly announced that she another surprise for us.I noticed that we and the group of camera’s where the only ones left. Then the lift doors opened and I stared in a familiar face.