5

"So here are some of the designs that I have sketched already." Marinette handed her friends the different sketches.
"Wow!! These are amazing!" Alya exclaimed
"Yeah Mari I love this one." Rose said and pointed to the sketch she was pointing to.
"Thanks guys, so number five is Rose's one. Anyone else?"
"Number two " Mylene said.
"Number four." Jules mumbled, but they heard it.
"Number one." Alya replied and they looked at Alix.
"You guys know I don't like dresses." Alix crossed her arms.
"I can design another outfit for you." Marinette said.
"Thanks Mari."
"Anytime. So let's get started."

All of them helped Marinette to work on the dresses. Marinette sketched a few suits for Alix which she really liked. Marinette was busy sewing material for a dress when she got a call.

"Hey girl Adrien is calling." Alya told her.
"Just ignore it. I'll call him later."
"Um okay?" Alya said and put the phone down,but it kept on ringing.
"Pass it here." Marinette said and took the phone. She walked out of her room.
"Yes?" She picked up the phone.
"You sound annoyed." Adrien replied.
"Because I am."
"Why? Is it because of me?"Adrien asked scared.
"What do you think?!"
"Sorry Ocean, I just wanted to check on you."
"But I told you I was with my friends Adrien."
"I know,but..."
"I'm fine okay. I'll call you when I'm alone."
"Wait..."
"I have to go Adrien, the girls and I are busy." Marinette hung up and went back to the girls.

Adrien put his phone is his pocket and walked away. He went back to his house and put the flowers he bought for Marinette in a vase.
"What was I thinking? She told me she was with her friends. I messed up."

"What did you do now?" Adrien turned around and saw his father standing behind him.
"Oh father. I wanted to surprise Mari by bringing her flowers, but I shouldn't have."
"What happened?" Gabriel sat down on the kitchen stool next to Adrien.
"I called her to ask her to come down, but she told me she was busy."
"With?"
"Her friends."
"Adrien, Marinette just wanted to spend time with her friends and besides you did spend the whole weekend together."
"I know, but...we are going to college soon and what if we don't go to the same one. Will our relationship last, if it is a long distance one?"
"Adrien you and Marinette have a strong bond which cannot easily be broken. You two were best friends for years, so I'm certain you two can survive being apart. And besides you can visit each other holidays and chat or video call."
"I know that,but look she's mad at me for calling her, because she was with her friends.".
"Did she tell you that she was going to be with them?"
"Yes."
"She's mad because you knew what has was doing and you still decided to call her."
"I know."
"Have you told her how you feel?"
"No. What if she says I'm over reacting and that there's nothing to worry about."
"She will,but it's not like she won't understand how you feel. Talk to her son."
"Yeah you're right father, thanks for the advice."
"Of course. Now go do something besides annoying your girlfriend."
"Well I could call Nino and the boys to meet up."
"Do that, now I have to go, there's an important meeting I have to attend to. I'll be home for dinner." Gabriel said and stood up.
"Okay father."
"Bye son"
"Bye father."