Apologies

March 10, 1998

Y/N POV:

For the past couple of weeks I feel like nicks been ignoring me. He's barely been replying to my texts
or answering my calls.

I feel like something must be up. I don't know exactly what but I have a feeling it's not good..

Is he cheating on me?

Possibly..

I tried to not think of the worst scenario but my brain likes to overthink everything.

However, this time I don't know if I'm overreacting or if there's actually something going on...

Yesterday it was the worst. I've been calling and texting nick non stop and he's just been ignoring me. I don't know what I did to make him do this?!

I've always tried to keep my boundaries and not be too clingy like my ex boyfriend used to call me all the time. With Nick I like to give him space but this is too much for me. I'm starting to get worried. I'm starting to think there's something going on behind my back.

He must have met someone else...

That doesn't seem like nick tho...

He probably met someone better than me. Someone prettier, smarter and less high maintenance.

I need to talk to him. I need to know what's going on.

To my surprise, he actually picks up and doesn't ignore me.

He makes his way over to my apartment and that's when I spill my feelings.

"You're barely talking to me anymore I feel like you don't even like me"

"What?! What are you talking about?"

"Do you think I'm stupid? I'm talking about you ignoring me for weeks making me feel like there's something wrong. Is there? You're only as swearing me sometimes, and ignoring me the rest.
I don't get it!"

"No it's not like that- I've been super busy with working on our new album that's why we barely had time to hang out together"

"Are you really busy? Or is this just a cover up for something else you're hiding from me?"

I raised my voice so loud it shocked him.

"What? What are you- I'm not hiding anything!"

Nick said without a sign of guilt but I don't know if I should believe him... maybe he's just saying this to make me forgive him and act like nothing is wrong when in reality there is.

Nick's POV:

Where is all of this coming from? I know she's been through so much with her ex boyfriend, him cheating on her countless times and making her feel unworthy all the time. All of this caused her trauma but she needs to know I'm not like him. I love her so much I would never hurt her.

"Nick do you even like me?" She snaps.

"Of course I do!"

"Well I don't feel like it. I feel like any day now you're gonna leave me for someone else. I'm waiting for that day to come. I'm preparing myself so I won't face a shock of pain all of a sudden."

I have no idea what's gotten into her head. I've never given her any signs of cheating. Yes I haven't been as free to talk these past weeks but I've truly been really busy. I hope she understands.

Y/N POV:

He's not even saying anything. This just proves he's guilty. I need time for myself to deal with all of this.
I can't take it anymore.