seventeen.

SEVENTEEN

"NAM-RA, wait." On-Jo told the class president who was stood in front of her and turned to look at Cheong-San. "You saw Gwi-Nam get bitten by zombies?"

"I told you a hundred times, yes." Cheong-San answered. "And you saw Gwi-Nam turn?" She continued to interrogate. The Lee boy let out a sigh, "No, I didn't. I was busy running away."

"Su-Hyeok, Soo-Jin, you definitely fought with Gwi-Nam?"

"Yes, I did." Su-Hyeok replied with a nod and On-Jo glanced over at Soo-Jin who shook her head, yes. "There's no reason for either to lie. Maybe Gwi-Nam was bitten, but was not affected. In movies, there are always people who are immune, remember?"

"Still," Ji-Min spoke up. "She tried to bite her. She could have bitten her for real. Regardless, she isn't normal... So I'm not going with her."

"Then leave." Soo-Jin snapped, not liking the way she was speaking about her best friend. "Soo-Jin! Ji-Min! Stop it." On-Jo interfered and Soo-Jin rolled her eyes.

"What? Are you saying I'm wrong?"

"Maybe. I really don't know what we should do."

"We can't pretended she's fine."

"Enough." Nam-Ra huffed. "Please don't fight... Leaving will solve everything." She scanned her eyes over them all, before heading for the door.

"Don't go! Where would you go?!" On-Jo pleaded, rushing after her and grabbing her arm. "Stop it! Please! I don't want anyone dying..." the two girls let out a breath once Nam-Ra had stopped moving; On-Jo now holding onto the taller girls hand. "Hyeon-Ju and I-Sak... They're hands were very cold before they turned." She turned to face everyone's else. "Nam-Ra's hands were warm. She isn't a zombie. So cut it out, and let's talk how to get to the roof."

"No." Ji-Min firmly shook her head and Soo-Jin let out a scoff. "For fucks sake.."

"No way! She may be fine now, but who know what's gonna happen when she turns?" Ji-Min moved to look at her friends. "Guys, say something. This is wrong. She said herself that she wanted to bite her. She has zombie blood in her veins. Zombies killed my mum and dad."

"Zombies also killed a whole lot of other people. You're nothing special." Soo-Jin fired in anger.

The room stayed quiet for a little while before Soo-Jin came up with an idea. She walked over to the door and picked up the tie that held the curtains together and moved back over to Nam-Ra and began to tie their wrists together.

"What are you doing?" She worriedly asked. "Tying a knot." Soo-Jin answered as she continued what she was doing. "Stop it. Stop."

"Hold still, Nam-Ra." Once Soo-Jin finished tying the knot, she faced the students before her and held up her and her best friends hands. "Happy? This way, she can't get to you if she turns... I'll get bitten instead."

"Soo-Jin..." Su-Hyeok trailed, thinking of how to stop her but her knew nothing would work.

It had been a little while since the incident happened, and Nam-Ra and Soo-Jin were sat in front of the window along with Su-Hyeok who had refused to leave Soo-Jin's side.

As the three looked out the window, and out at the bright sky, Soo-Jin felt something fall onto her shoulder, making her look over at Nam-Ra and see her head resting on her shoulder with her eyes shut.

"Do you think she'll turn?" Soo-Jin quietly asked the boy beside her so she wouldn't wake up Nam-Ra. "Hopefully not." He answered and it fell silent again.

"Soo-Jin..." Su-Hyeok began, turning his head to look down at her as she continued look straight ahead. "Hm?" She hummed, waiting for him to carry on. "Do you still hate me?"

Soo-Jin's breath caught in her throat and she quickly looked up at him. She wasn't expecting him to ask her that.

"Of course." She answered, the only emotion on her face being worry. Worried that he'd find out that she was lying.

Su-Hyeok quietly scoffed and turned away from her. "You don't need to keep up this tough act, Soo-Jin."

Soo-Jin glanced down at her lap and slightly nodded so she wouldn't disturb the sleeping girl next to her.

"You're right. I'm sorry." She apologized and all of a sudden, she felt Su-Hyeok's hand creep over to hers and he held it in his lap.

The two both looked at each other and didn't say anything. Su-Hyeok's eyes scanned her face as he felt his breath hitch.

"I like you, Soo-Jin."

Soo-Jin couldn't believe it. Her eyes widened at what the boy said, and before she could even say anything else, they were interrupted by On-Jo.

"You guys can leave a message as well if you want to." She told them as she handed Su-Hyeok a camera. "I don't really have anything to say... you?" He asked Soo-Jin and nodded, taking the camera from Su-Hyeok.

"We trust her." Nam On-Jo added, looking over at Nam-Ra, who was still sleeping. Soo-Jin nodded and watched as On-Jo walked away, and back to the others.

Soo-Jin opened the camera and put it up in front of her.

"Mi-Jin," she let out a sigh. "I hope you're out there somewhere. I hope you're with someone and being the badass you are, fighting off those zombies... I'm great. Lee Su-Hyeok is here," she moved the camera so Su-Hyeok could be seen before moving it over to Nam-Ra. "And Nam-Ra.. Please be safe. I know we'll make it out of this alive. We always do. We're the Park Siblings. Nothing ever stops us." Soo-Jin tearfully nodded. "I miss you, Mi-Jin, a lot. Stay alive."

She turned off the camera and let out a long breath as a tear fell from her eye, and she quickly wiped it away, sniffing as she did so.

"Su-Hyeok..." Soo-Jin muttered, looking up at him. He looked back at her and waited for her to continue. "I like you too."

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he slowly began to lean in. The connection between them felt like a magnet and Soo-Jin's eyes softly shut as she felt the lips of Su-Hyeok on hers.

So, they kissed! I will explain a little more in the next chapter, so don't worry, that's not it.

Hopefully another is published tonight. I can't say for definite.

I've also turned this book into a series called 'THE TRAGEDY SERIES' and i have posted the second book to it which is a cheongsan aouad ff.

Have a great day/night <3