twenty.

TWENTY

THE SURVIVORS gathered around the now lit fire, watching as it crinkled. "Dae-Su?" Su-Hyeok called out to him. "Yeah?"

"How did the audition go?"

"They said I have to lose weight." He scoffed, and Su-Hyeok let out a quiet chuckle. "Well, you're a good singer. Sing for us. I wanna hear it."

"Just forget it. I don't want to." Dae-Su huffed, leaning his head on his fist. "I actually really like you singing." Joon-Yeong complemented, making the boy sit up straight. "You do?"

"Mhm." Joon-Yeong nodded. "It's really nice." Wu-Jin added. "It'll cheer us up." Dae-Su cleared it throat before beginning to sing.

"Let's go once it's over."

"Let's go anywhere."

"Once we're done studying 12 hours a day."

"Once the annoying sounds are over."

"Let's go hand in hand."

"Let's not run."

Ji-Min soon joined in with the Kang boy, making him smile at her. Hyo-Ryeong, Wu-Jin, Su-Hyeok, Cheong-San and On-Jo following after, as Nam-Ra and Soo-Jin admired them.

"It's mums deonjang stew."

"Mm-hm, a bowl of instant noodles."

"In front of the TV which plays nothing but static."

"Let's go anywhere together."

"My mum and dad prepped everything for my transfer." Ji-Min explained. "They said to just go to Seoul. But I really didn't want to go there. I wouldn't have had any friends, and I was afraid of the Seoul kids. I didn't know what to do." She turned her head over to look at On-Jo. "Then On-Jo gave me a great idea. She said I just had to cut school for five days. Then the principal can't write you a recommendation. So that's what I did. It's all thank to On-Jo... that I didn't transfer."

The students glanced over at On-Jo, who put up a piece sign with her two fingers and gently smiled.

"I should've gone to Seoul."

On-Jo's hand slowly retreated itself back into her lap and the smile disappeared. "Then none of this would have happened to me."

"People have always said..." Wu-Jin started. "My sister was an archery prodigy ever since she was little. So our parents only cared about trying to get my sister onto the national team." He shook his head. "They've never paid attention to me at all."

"I'll give you all my attention, brother-in-law." Dae-Su reassured him. "Don't be sad. You have me." Wu-Jin playfully push Dae-Su back so he'd lay down. "Thank God that I have Dae-Su." He lightly chuckled.

"I don't really have anything to say." Nam-Ra sighed, as everyone looked at her. "I wouldn't really know... but I feel like I've made more then one friend." She turned her head to smile at On-Jo, who grinned back.

"I just, well... I just want some water, really." Cheong-San nodded, awkwardly. "Not stuff like that." Hyo-Ryeong stated. "Be completely honest."

"Be completely honest. Do you like someone?" Dae-Su asked, grinning like a kid in the candy shop. Cheong-San slowly looked down at his lap as everyone's eyes darted towards him. "Mhm."

"You do? For real?" On-Jo's eyes widened. "Yeah."

"Why do you keep on stalling? Do you have a crush?"

"Uh, pretty much." Cheong-San nodded. "Pretty much? What does that mean? Who is she?" His best friend questioned.

The boy stayed silent for a moment as everyone waited patiently for his answer. "No one."

"Who is she?" On-Jo repeated her question. "Do i know her?" She wiggled her eyebrows, teasingly. "Who is it?"

"You." He blankly answered, keeping his eyes on her. "It's you, On-Jo. I like you."

On-Jo let out a scoff and shook her head. "Hey, stop that." She looked around at everyone. "He doesn't mean it. He's just kidding. I mean, we were friends and neighbors since kindergarten, that's all." She then turned her attention back over to Cheong-San. "Stop joking."

"I'm not joking. Ever since I was six years old, I've always liked you, On-Jo. And I always will."

Suddenly, On-Jo got up from the floor and walked away. Soo-Jin glanced over at Cheong-San and saw him looking down.

"Cheong-San." Su-Hyeok called out for him, making the boy look over at him. Su-Hyeok motioned for him to go over and follow after On-Jo, which he hesitantly did.

"Cheong-San is so cool." Wu-Jin sighed, and Soo-Jin looked over at him. "I wish I could do what he did."

"You like someone?" Soo-Jin wondered, making Wu-Jin dart his head up at her, his cheeks tinting red and his eyes slightly widening. "O...Oh... Yeah. But it doesn't matter."

"Really?!" Dae-Su asked in shock. "And you didn't tell me? I'm your brother-in-law. I deserve to know."

"Who is it?" Hyo-Ryeong interrogated and all Wu-Jin could do was avoid eye contact with everyone. "It doesn't matter." He muttered, and received a kick from Joon-Yeong, making him wince, and rub his knee.

"Come on," Su-Hyeok nudged him. "Tell us." Wu-Jin slightly looked over at Soo-Jin to see her looking at him and quickly looked away, feeling his heart pound. "It's doesn't matter. I left it too late." He shook his head.

But before anyone could reply, Nam-Ra stood up and looked over at On-Jo, who was in the grasp of Gwi-Nam.

"On-Jo!" Cheong-San yelled from the other side of the roof, before running over to them.

This is a bit of a short chapter, sorry for that.

I'm not sure if another one will be out again, and sorry it's boring.

Have a great day/night <3