01.05 Gohan's Rage

It was an unexpected turn of events.

Standing before Raditz was little Gohan, fueled by rage at the sound of his father's cries of pain.

We all stared in shock, unsure of what was to come.

"You? I don't believe it!" Called out Raditz; from the look of his face, he was just as surprised as everyone else.

Piccolo directs his attention towards Goku, calling out, "Goku! Look over by the crater... it's your son!"

"G- Gohan." I could hear the discomfort and pain in Goku's voice as he spoke to his son, "Gohan, Daddy can't get up right now. Runaway from here. Runaway! Gohan!"

I slowly floated to the ground, cautious of my actions — hoping I wouldn't trigger Raditz.

I crouch a little as I approach Gohan. First, make sure not to make sudden movements that could cause Raditz to attack. "Hey, let's go. Daddy doesn't want you to see him like this."

Every step I take feels like mine were buried under the field. So I place a hand on the boy's shoulder, "Gohan?"

I looked over at Raditz, whose device was beeping rapidly. "Power Lever 1370? Impossible for a kid!"

I look back at Gohan and sense his energy is different from what I'm used to sensing, "Gohan?" So I ask once more, gently squeezing his shoulder.

Raditz lets out a gasp, "It's still going up. Impossible!"

I took my grip away from Gohan and stepped out; judging by Gohan's stance and Raditz's worried expression, I knew I shouldn't be too close to Gohan.

Low growls can be heard from Gohan as he clenches his fists tighter, "Leave my Dad... alone!"

With a robust and unexpected movement, Gohan launches towards Raditz at full speed, headbutting against the Saiyan's protective armor.

A loud crack from his armor can be heard. Raditz groans and fumbles on his feet as he tries to balance himself from toppling over from the unbelievable force Gohan has unleashed.

As Gohan tumbles onto the ground, he uses his little energy to sit up, "Daddy?"

I quickly ran over to Gohan and embraced him as if nothing appeared broken. "Oh, Go-Chan! Are you okay?"

I quickly examine him and embrace him once more.

Goku props himself on his elbows, a look of surprise on his face, "G-Gohan?"

"Daddy?"

"Gohan, go. Get out of here with your Oba Lily."

"But, Daddy..."

I notice tears forming once more around Gohan's eyes.

I look over at Raditz and notice him struggling on his feet. His armor's chest piece has a visible and thick crack in it. He rests his arm over it, grappling with the unexpected pain coursing through him — blood visible from the corner of his lips, "No one's ever done that to me before."

Goku barks a demand to Raditz, "No, stay back!" And notices he isn't listening. Goku then turns his attention to Gohan and me, "Lily, take Gohan and run!"

"Gohan, we have to go now!" I said. I quickly pick him up, holding him tightly.

"Hey, kid!" Gohan looks at Raditz, growling in pain, "What happened to all that power you had?"

"Wha — what power?" Asked a frightened Gohan.

"Play dumb; if you want, you'll pay the same."

Raditz raises his right arm, preparing to strike Gohan, but I quickly dodge and fly out of the way.