Chapter Ten

I was just about to knock on the door when I heard my name being said through the door. 

      “Do you think Eria has any idea of what’s going on?” Sarah’s voice asked. 

      “No. She can’t. I just hope Prince Jackson hasn’t given anything away yet.” Catherine said.

       “Are you sure this is a good idea, Catherine. If the rebel’s moved their camp it’s because they don’t want to be found.” 

       “Well I’m going to find them anyway. If they think I’m just going to sit around and wait for my father to kill me their wrong. I know my aunt gave birth to a child, and I need to find it before it’s too late. You know the consequences if it’s not found on time.” 

        “Even if Carina’s daughter isn’t found, I’m sure you will make for a lovely queen yourself. There’s no need to get your underwear in a twist to find this imaginary daughter.” Sarah said. 

       “I don’t believe it’s imaginary.” Catherine said, there was no trace of amusement in her voice. “If it were, than this land wouldn’t be dying.” 

        “It’s been seventeen years since Carina died, Catherine. As long as this so called child is safe then it should be fine.” 

I knocked on the door and both of the women stopped talking. 

     Catherine opened it; a huge smile was on her face. “Eria, you’re earlier than expected.” 

      I shrugged my shoulders. “Drake just wanted blood samples. After I was finished he let me go.” 

Catherine nodded her head and grabbed a piece of fabric off a chair. “Close your eyes. I don’t want you to see the dress until it’s time.” 

    I frowned. “I don’t want to be blindfolded…” 

Catherine didn’t say anything; instead she just tied the piece of fabric around my eyes and led me over to the small step stool I was standing on yesterday. 

      “I’m going to unbutton the back of your dress now.” Catherine said. Her fingers were on my back and undoing the buttons that were there. 

I heard the rustling of fabric and then I was being pulled into a heavier dress. 

      “I worked on this most of last night.” Sarah said. “All that needs to be done now is the finishing touches and maybe some hemming.” 

I didn’t say anything. Instead, while they worked on the dress, my mind wondered back to what they were saying about the Heir to Estrella. 

     Maybe there was a lot more to it than I originally thought. 

I mean, surely as the Princess of Estrella, she would have better things to worry about other than a legend story. 

     I just thought Jack was crazy for thinking that. 

     “Eria, how long do you want the dress?” Catherine’s voice brought me back to reality. 

I frowned a little bit, annoyed by the fact that the fabric covering my eyes wouldn’t let me see anything. 

      “I don’t know.” I answer. “But short enough so that I don’t trip over it.” 

      “I think we should bring it up a little bit higher Sarah, so it’s just above her ankles.” 

      I felt a pin being stuck in my ankle and jumped back a little bit. 

      “Sorry dear.” Sarah mumbled.