Sick friends

It was just a normal day at the base, well, as close to normal as it can get when you are living in the constant. Wormwood was working in the garden, tending to their friends and sometimes stopping to talk with them one by one. They came to one of the potato plants. They quietly gasped at the state of their friend. They all dried up and crunchy! They were still alive, but so ill that they might as well be dead. Poor thing. Wormwood was a tad confused, just yesterday they were fine, now here their friend was, nearly gone. It got so bad in so little time too! Wormwood knew what they had to do. They solemnly dug up the plant. After all, they did not want the others of there friends to get sick with the disease. He was still wondering what happened in such little time, damn constant logic! Wormwood then took the plant and set it aside to fuel the fire, it would save other plants from getting chopped and burned. They then went back to tending to the plants, while also checking to see if any others were affected by the blight.

It was almost dusk when they were done. They had set aside less than a dozen plants, some with only some spots, which he cut off, but some that were almost as bad as his potato friend, he was worried about his friends, how did so many get hurt, and what would happen to the others?He was quite upset but they realized that there could have been more plants that had gotten the blight if he did not intervene. This calmed him, but only a tiny bit. He then picked up the dug up vegetation and walked back to the main part of the base.

(AN yes this is a short chapter, each chapter will probably go by scenes, for now, who knows maybe later I will make em longer, this was edited for more emotion too)