Chapter 3

I wake up to the sound of a little kid screaming. I check the time and its 3 am. I try and sleep through it but the kid sounds like hes throwing a temper tantrum. The sound becomes unbearable and I decide to try and stop it. I climb out of bed and put some flip-flops on and walk out of my room. I walk down the hall and the volume increases. I approach the apartment where I saw the woman and the little boy, and the sound becomes louder. I listen closely and can hear a woman yelling. The volume suddenly decreases and I decide not to interfere. I walk back to my apartment and by the time I lay back down the sound is gone.

***

An hour later and I still can't fall asleep from that temper tantrum the kid was throwing. I check my iPhone and I have 0 emails, 0 text messages, 0 voicemails, 0 Facebook notifications, 0 Twitter notifications - its like a ghost town. I put in my earbuds and start listening to music. I go on Tumblr until I realise how late it is and how early I have to wake up for school. I try to fall asleep but I just can't. I hate being a night owl sometimes. I text my mom and ask if shes awake and about thirty minutes later I assume shes asleep. I sigh and close my eyes. Finallly, I fall asleep but only for about an hour. The time is 6:00 am and I'm still not asleep. I put on some soft music in the background and put an eyemask on to keep my eyes closed and sure enough I drift to sleep.

***

Next thing I know, my alarm clock is going off and light is peering in through the curtains. I grunt and get out of bed lazily. I get ready for school and catch the bus again, no-one in sight this morning. Sitting in the bus, I notice someone I recognize. I walk up to him and ask him if I know him, and as the words are coming out I realise who it is.

"Hey, aren't you my upstairs neighbor?" he says with a focused look on my face.

"Yeah!" I reply laughing at myself in my head for not reaising it before.

We talk until the bus comes to a screeching stop and when I look out the window we are at my school.

"Well, it was nice talking to you - this is my stop, so I guess, see you around!" I say, subtly flipping my hair over my shoulder.

He smiles and says

"Yeah we really should talk more! Alright, bye love"

"Bye!" I say, feeling my cheeks heat up,

I've never been called love before - I mean I am American.I walk off the bus smiling.

***

After school I head home and text Anne

"Hey were still meeting up at Nandos at 5 right?"

"Yeah! I'm super excited to see you, Trin!"

"I'm excited too! Alright, I'm gonna get ready, see you in a bit!"

"Alright bye"

its 4:00 so I have about an hour to get ready. I get ready and it's 4:45, so I ask Anne what the street Nandos is on so I can tell the bus driver, but she tells me she can give me a ride. I agree, give her my adress, and wait outside my apartment. I wait a few minutes and see a red Mini Cooper with a light brown, curly haired girl driving pull up slowly and then stop. I shoot up the minute I see who it is and start running towards the car. The girl quickly unbuckles her seatbelt and gets out of the car without breaking eye contact with me. She hops out of the car and starts running to me, disregarding the fact she left the car door opened. We meet in a lingering hug and I start tearing up.

"I've missed you so much, Anne" I say with my eyes closed and my chin resting on her shoulder.

I hear her sniff and say "I've missed you too, Trin"

I smile as tears stream down my face. We break he hug and I look into her beautiful hazel eyes and smile as I'm wiping my tears away.

"You look beautiful, Anne" I say holding back more tears.

She wipes her own tears away and says

"You do too, Trinity. You look like Cher Lloyd"

she chuckles a little.

"Oh yeah? Thanks" I reply, chuckling.

"Well, I'm hungry. Let's go eat!" she says grabbing my arm and pulling me to the car.

I get in and buckle up. It feels weird to be sitting on this side when I'm used to American cars.

"Nice car, this is my dream car" I say viewing te interior.

"Thanks, Ni got it for me"

we start driving and we catch up.

"So, what have you told Liam about me?" I ask.

"I just told him how we were friend and how you would always talk about him. Just he simple stuff"

"Have you shown him any pictures of me?"

"No, I told him he would have to wait and see."

"Oh...well have you at least exlained to him what I look like?"

"Nope. Were here Trin" she says, parking the car.

"Yor in charge of remembering where we parked, it's a big car park" she says unbuckling her seatbelt and grabbing her purse.

"Car park.." I chuckle

"I feel so American, you know referring to it as a parking lot"

I unbuckle and get out if the car, following her.

"Just so you know, I'm paying and you can't try to pay." she says, pulling out her phone.

"Ok, no arguement there." I chuckle.

We walk through the enterance.

"Table for two, please."