Chapter 9

I talked to this girl, Jacqi, for a few hours. I suddenly got a text from Anne.

"Trin, we need to figure out why El said that stuff." I read.

"What's wrong?" Jacqi asks.

"Oh, nothing. I just got a text from my friend." I reply

"Oh ok." Jacqi says with a friendly smile on her face.

I reply to Anne's text by saying "Yeah, we need to have a conversation with her about it. Gtg sorry"

I put my phone away and take the last sip of my coffee while standing up.

"Hey, I gotta go. Nice meeting you!" I say to Jacqi while throwing away my cup.

"You too! Hey, can I have your number? I know this is kinda sudden but I really wanna stay in touch with you."

"Sure"

She hands me her phone and I enter my number.

"Ok, I'll text you" I say, putting my sunglasses on and walking out of the store.

Anne's P.O.V.

I text Trinity and tell her I'm going to meet her at my hotel. I get in my car and drive to the hotel. A few minutes later, I see a bus pull up near our hotel and Trin jumps out of the vehicle. Minutes later, I hear a knock at the door. I run to the door and pull it open.

"Trin" I say, grabbing her wrist and pulling her in.

"Woah, what's all the commotion?" She asked, probably because I seemed flustered.

"Oh, um, nothing. Just, here." I said, handing her my phone.

"What's this for?" She asked, confusingly, but taking it.

"El's on the phone. It's on mute. Talk to her." I spoke plainly.

"Wait, what?!" She asked, her eyes widening.

"You need to talk to her." I said, without skipping a beat.

"What if I don't want to." She said, crossing her arms.

"Don't be a baby, just talk to her."

"No." She said, ignorantly.

"TALK." I spoke, getting irritated.

"Ugh, fine. You owe me."

"Yay!" I jumped up, clapping my hands "I'll give you some privacy"

I walked into the other room.

Trinity's P.O.V.

I stared at the phone blankly. Ugh, I really don't want to talk to her. She's kind of a bitch, I mean why would he say that? Suddenly I hear a voice emerge from the phone.

"Hello?"

My heart starts beating faster and I start to panic. I don't know what else to do, so I just click the 'unmute' button.

"Um....uh...hi." I say, running my fingers through my hair, regretting I had said anything.

"Um...Anne...?"

"No, it's Trinity." I say, pursing my lips.

"Oh." She said, sounding disappointed.

"I know you don't want to talk to me, but Anne's forcing me to talk to you so, here I am." I said, sitting down on the couch.

"Ok."

I hope she isn't going to answer with one word sentences the whole time.

"Um...so uh...about what you said-"