Chapter One

The bell blared through the school. It was 9:20, 3rd period. Mike sat next to Edlie.

"So, you have plans for Saturday since we both called out?"

"Yeah, Just shopping with my mom. Although I'm not up for it." Edlie replied. Soon, Mike began looking over his history paper.

"Hey Mike, I have to go to my counselor for some paperwork my mom has to sign. I'll see you later after school."

"Alright." Mike said. Mike was alone. He felt alone and isolated now that his friend stepped out. Mike's phone vibrated, It was Anthony.

"Hey Mike, you think we can talk right now?"

"About?"

"Well I talked to your favorite person and yes I kept your identification hidden. He wants to get to know you better."

The person Anthony was referring to was 12th grader and former Atlantic football player, Xander Reed. Xander is a few months older than Mike. He was once really popular in school. His popularity was shattered early that year when everyone found out Xander was gay. They dropped him quicker than you drop a hot stone. Mike has had a crush on Xander ever since August. "Well, how will that work out?"

"We'll plan that soon but just know you are one step closer to getting a boyfriend." Anthony said excitedly.

"Thanks Anthony. I'll call you later."

"No problem. Talk to you later."

Mike felt his heart racing. He looked up Xander's Instagram account. "@XanAttack287". He really loves to eat sweets. Maybe if we are still together after high school, he'll love to be my taste taker. Mike thought of all of the special moments he can have with Xander. He was so deep in thought he did not notice the time was now 11:07. 3 minutes later, the bell rang. Mike walked to building 4. Soon he reached class and he stopped in his tracks. Xander Reed was in the classroom. He was getting some paperwork from the teacher. "So all I have to do is turn all this in and I will receive an A?"

"Yes!"

"Sweet". Xander walked out of the room, he smiled at Mike and walked down the hall. Mike went into the classroom and sat at his seat. He sent a quick text to Anthony. "OMG, he smiled at me!!!! He might still be clueless I'm the one you were referring to but I at least got a smile! I'll fill you in on the deeds later!" He sent a private message to Edlie. "Xander smiled at me! I feel like my heart stopped. He is so cute!" Class started and Mike couldn't keep his mind off of Xander.

At one point the teacher even asked him if he was okay and he replied "Yes." Lunch time came around and he sat with Anthony and Edlie. "Wow, I hope it works out between you two." Edlie said. "Yeah I know. I just feel too giggly right now." Mike said. "Just like when I started dating Justin." Anthony smiled. Anthony notices Xander. "He's behind you at the other table." He whispered. "OMG he is everywhere!" "Imagine if you two were dating. I'm sure he really would be everywhere and we wouldn't even get to see you as much." Mike blushes.

"Anyway guys, I got to go. ttyl?"

"Ttyl" they all replied.

Later that afternoon, Mike was walking home. His mind was still stuck on Xander. He turned the corner. He bumped into someone. His books fell straight to the ground. "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's alright."

Mike looked up. He couldn't believe his eyes. The person he bumped into was no other than Xander Reed. Xander was wearing a white tank top, ripped blue jeans and black air Jordans. Xander grabbed his books and handed them to him. "Thank you." Mike said, his voice shaking. "No problem. I was going for a little run and wasn't paying attention either." He smiled. Mike felt his heart race. "I'm Xander."

"I'm Mike."

"Nice to meet you. Wait haven't I seen you before Mike?"

"I believe the day you were coming out of Reading class and I was going in?" Xander laughed. "You have a good memory. Yeah that was what happened. Live nearby?"

"Up the street in that direction."

"Cool, well I'll see you later?"

"Uh yeah sure." Xander continued his run and Mike watched him as he got farther and farther away and the sight of his shirt disappeared. Mike couldn't believe Xander spoke to him. Mike walked home thinking he had found the right person.