Chapter Six

That night was spent with slamming doors, screams, words being thrown and sobbing. Mike went to bed feeling extremely hurt. He wanted to call Xander but his mom took his phone. From that day on, Mike nevered walked to and from school, Mom dropped him off and Gabe picked him up. One day at school.

"Omg Mike I didn't know all that would happen." Edlie cried.

"I talked to Xander, he knows it isn't your fault and he still wants to be your boyfriend and wants to talk to you. He even told me to tell you he says he loves you." Anthony added.

Mike's eyes began flowing with tears again.

"Look, Aaron and I are going out later but if you want I can postpone it." Edlie said. "Or I can stay with him and cancel my date with Justin." Anthony suggested. "No guys go have fun. I'll be okay. I need to find a way to talk to Xander anyway." The friends hugged and they each went in different directions.

Mike walked by the gym. He saw Xander. He was with his best friend, Carter Hilridge. Carter spotted Mike. He whispered something to Xander and left. Xander ran up to him with his arms opened.

They hugged and Mike said "I'm sorry."

"Mike, you have nothing to be sorry about. I had a feeling your mom took your phone because I sent you a few messages the night of the incident and I even tried facetiming. Look, I still want you. Nothing will stop me from having you." Xander said.

Mike held onto Xander tightly. "I don't want to lose you," Mike cried. Anthony and Edlie were walking with Aaron and Justin when they saw the two. Edlie came over and put an arm around the two. "It'll be okay bros. You guys won't lose each other. Y'all are meant for each other." Anthony wrapped his arms around them two. So did Aaron and Justin. The six stood there embraced and let the hug have it's grip.

"Well I gotta go. My ride is outside." Mike said.

Xander wiped Mike's tears away and they kissed. Then Mike went outside to Gabe's car. When Mike got home, Mom was watching tv.

"Glad to see your home on time." Mom said.

"I guess." Mike replied.

"Mom, why can't you allow me to be happy? Why is it so hard? Why can't I be with who I want to be with? Why did Alex have to beat up my boyfriend?" Mike threw questions at mom like punches.

"Your what? Nope no son of mine is going to be anything but straight. You need a female in your life. Not another guy. You mean to tell me all along I have been raising a fruitcake? So when you were coming home late, you were with him? The only way I found out about your boyfriend is when Gabe came, we went out and then he was like why don't we pick you up and when I was like "He might be gone by the time we get to the school he said we'll look on the streets. When we got to the corner, you were making out with a boy I've never seen before. You could have told me you're into boys instead of me finding out for myself!"

Mike knew some of what Mom said were true but he knew the reason behind him not telling mom about Xander. Mike took one look at his mom and said "Mom, this is the reason I couldn't tell you about Xander. This whole family is too freaking homophobic. Being gay or bi is not a sin. It's just your belief that it is. I don't understand why I was placed in this family." He then ran to his room and buried his face into his pillow feeling totally defeated.

Mike knew change had to be made but he was still clueless on how he can be with Xander without an issue.