Chapter Eleven

It was finally prom night. Xander agreed to pick Mike up and take him to prom. He arrived in front of Mike's house and Mike came out wearing the blue suit.

"Man, you look amazing in blue." Xander said as he hugged him.

"Thanks," Mike smiled. "You look amazing as well."

Xander was wearing a black and white suit and he looked sharp.

"Let's get to prom. Aaron just texted me when he arrived." Xander said.

He opened the car door and Mike got in. They went off to prom and when they got down from the car, Edlie looked at them and she smiled. "Evening Gentlemen."

"Evening lady" They both replied.

Justin and Anthony pulled up. They both held hands as they walked towards them.

"Damn Anthony, You did make a great choice." Mike exclaimed.

"Thanks!"

"Why don't we all go inside?" Aaron suggested.

They all walked in holding hands and smiling.

When they got in, Mike saw many couples from school dancing and some were eating at the tables. He saw Travis and Tasha dancing on the dance floor, Carter and his boyfriend, Mark, hugging each other, people laughing and having a good time.

"I can see that look in your eye." Xander said.

"What look?" Mike asked.

"The glow in your eye. The one that tells me tonight is officially our night."

Mike smiled and they went to the back. They sat at a table. Edlie looked at Aaron.

"Boy, I did not come here to sit down, I came to dance, let's go!"

"Bruh you are so pushy." Aaron said.

"But you still love her though." Justin laughed.

"Shut Up Austin," Aaron laughed.

Prom night was amazing. Mike felt happy being with Xander. There were times people would stare at them and laugh but Xander found ways to have him ignore it.

Towards the end, Xander gave the Dj a request song ticket. The DJ looked at the ticket and smiled. "I love this song too." He said.

Xander walked over to Mike and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go dance. I know you'll love this next song."

"Hopefully it's a great song."

At that moment, "2012" began.

Mike smiled. "Our Song".

Xander pulled Mike towards him and they danced to the song. Mike felt extremely happy. Eventually Aaron, Edlie, Justin and Anthony came next to them and the 6 danced to the song.

"You know I think this is Xander and Mike's song." Justin said.

"Yup, look at how they are dancing with each other. They are so perfect." Edlie said

Xander and Mike smiled. At the end of the song. Xander leaned into Mike and they kissed.

"I told you I'd make this the best night of your high school life." Xander whispered.

"I love you." Mike said.

"I love you more." Xander smiled.

It was now midnight. Everyone was leaving prom. Aaron drove an exhausted Edlie home. Justin and Anthony went for a stroll around the lot. Xander and Mike got in Xander's car and went down the street.

"You made this the best night ever." Mike said.

"I told you I would. We have had such an awful past few months. We were doing great at the beginning. Then the bullying began for you, your cousin attacked me, then your mother stopped you from walking to school so I couldn't walk with you anymore. When we are at school, we only have about 10 minutes in the morning and all of the lunch period. I needed more time with you. Of Course we had a great night on the night of the concert and those nights I snuck into your room but tonight was the best overall. I love you and I will always protect you and will never hurt you, I'd hurt myself before I allow myself or anything to hurt you." Xander confessed.

"I know you won't hurt me. I promise never to hurt you too." Mike said.

Xander parked the car and turned to Mike. "I want to be with you forever." Xander confessed touching his face then holding his hand.

"I want to be with you too." Mike said.

They had a long kiss and then Xander drove Mike home. Mom wasn't home when they got there. Xander walked Mike to the front door and they hugged.

"Thanks for giving me a great night."

"No problem. Anytime."

The two had one more kiss and Mike walked inside.

He looked out the window and saw Xander's car pull away from the driveway and down the street. Mike got into his pj's and went to bed. Before falling asleep he sent a message to Anthony and Edlie. "I love tonight. Xander made it fun and comfortable and you guys made the night humble and thanks for bringing back my confidence." He even sent Xander one more thanks and went to sleep.