D9.

Kabir and Meher were shocked to hear Ramesh's words. They couldn't believe their ears.

"W-What?" Meher asked with wide eyes.

Ramesh chuckled at her reaction and said, "I said that he should bring the Baraat now. He wants to marry you right? So things should happen before I change my mind."

A large smile broke out on their faces after hearing that.

"Papa what are you saying? How can you alloe this?" Rahul asked his father with a confused look.

Before Ramesh could reply, Disha nudged her husband.

"What is your problem now? They love each other and they want to get married. What is the big deal? Didn't you and I love each other? Remember how hurting it was when my parents didn't allow me to marry you."

Disha's words put some sense in Rahul's head and he nodded sheepishly.

Kabir and Meher smiled at each other. They were on cloud nine with this news.

Suddenly Kabir's attention went to her swollen cheek. How could it pass from his eyes. He knew every fearure of her face and it didn't take him time to see that something was wrong.

"What happened to your face?" He asked her as everyone else was busy in discussing the wedding.

She looked down and shook her head.

"Somebody hurt you." He whispered, frowning at her. But his frown soon turned into a glare directed at her family.

How could they hurt her? She was his precious.

Kabir opened his mouth to speak but she stopped him. Holding his arm she pulled him away from them.

"What are you doing?" She whisper yelled at him.

"Just tell me who did that to you. I swear I-" He started saying but she shushed him.

"Sshh stop it. You can't do anything to them. And it's nothing. The pain...it's worth it." She said, the last part with a soft voice.

His heart melted after hearing that. She had to bare the pain because of him.

"I am sorry. Because of me you had to go through this." He said, holding her hand.

Meher smiled at him,"Its okay Kabir that is not your fault. I love you and I can give my life for you." She said.

Kabir pulled her for a hug.

"I love you too." He whispered, hugging her tightly.

Someone cleared their throat to gain the couple's attention.

Meher quickly moved away from him as her face flushed.

"Control till the wedding atleast." Disha said, teasing the couple.

Everyone laughed, making Meher more red.

The rest of the day was very eventful as they had a wedding to plan.

At night Meher was sitting in her room, reading a book when Ramesh and Falguni entered.

"Meher" She called her daughter.

Meher shuffled and stood up from her bed.

Ramesh and Falguni stared at her with guilt in their eyes. Falguni's eyes were filled with tears. They were remorseful for hurting her.

"Maa what happened?" Meher asked them with worry.

Ramesh kept a hand on her shoulder and said with a heavy voice, "I am so sorry beta. I hurt you and made you cry."

Meher was shocked to hear that and tried to tell him that it was okay but Falguni said, "Yes beta. We are very sorry for doing that to you. I don't know how I was blinded with anger so much that I hurt my child. I am very sorry."

Meher shook her head and said,"No maa, you and papa should not apologize. I have forgotten everything already. I shouldn't have lied to you for so many days."

Ramesh was proud of his daughter but still he was feeling bad for treating her this way.

It took some more minutes of convincing by Meher to make him happy.

In the end the parents were happy to see their child happy.

__________________

The wedding was held after a month as an intimate celebration.

Very few and only close relatives were invited to witness the union of Kabir and Meher.

Coco was the center of attention as usual, wearing a beautiful suit.

Ramesh and Falguni had realised in this month that Kabir indeed was the best choice for their daughter.

Meher couldn't have been any more happier. She was smiling the whole month. The wedding was like a dream come true for her. She was marrying the love of her life.

Kabir had never imagined that he would, at the age of 41 find love and companionship with someone so beautiful and loving. He felt his life getting complete because of Meher. She was officially his now.

Their small family was complete after a year with the arrival of their twin son and daughter. And also a new puppy to play with Coco.

________________

Its the end guys! Tell me how was it?

I really believe that love has no age and this story was always in my mind.

I hope you guys liked it.

The next story is going to be very interesting as it has werewolf.

Stay tuned.