32

Authors note - Happy Valentine's Day. Please listen to the song for this, it really helped with the development of the chapter. Hope you guys love it!

(Bucky POV)

I woke up surprised I hadn't had a nightmare. I hadn't expected to feel her body under my arm. She had turned to face me, a hand balled into a fist just under her face. Her hair a thick mess flowing over her face and her shoulder. I didn't dare move. It was a dream to wake up next to her again. Like this. I watched her every detail as she slept. She still had dark circles under her eyes but her skin was still beautiful. Her scent was heartwarming. 

I slowly lift my hand off of her waist and gently move her hair away from her face. The sun beaming through a crack of the curtain made her hair and cheek glow. I placed my hand back on her waist not wanting to let her go just yet. Her breathing was steady and calm keeping me in the same pace. 

I thought about last night and how she screamed and moaned. I was already hard just looking at her but now...I couldn't be happier to have pleased her. My girl. God I want to marry her. I never thought for a moment I would find a woman I would want to marry until I met her.

I know I can't ask now. We just got together and we need to find her kids. But I promise to whoever is out there listening...I will ask her to be my wife. I will give her every happiness she deserves.

Ana slowly moves under me letting out a deep breath. I smile watching her face scrunch up in realization of the sun that made it's way into the room. She moaned a bit shuffling closer to me. I move my hips so she doesn't feel my morning excitement. Kissing her forehead I feel her move her hand to my chest. She slowly moves her thumb back and forth.

"I don't want to move." She whispers groggily against my neck.

"We don't have to just yet baby" I whisper back holding her tighter against me.

We lay there half awake enjoying the fact we finally had each other. We were finally together.

"It's like a dream being here. Being in your arms. Almost like it's a lie." I feel something wet on my neck then notice her softly shaking. She was crying.

"It's not a lie. I love you, I'm here. We belong together baby. You're safe with me doll." I can feel her trying to hold her tears. "Baby. Listen to me. I'm so sorry for what they did, but this is real. We are real." I place my hand on her cheek forcing her to look up to me. "This is real. It's been the most ridiculous, long winded, wait, but we are here. I'm here now, and I'm yours...all yours" I kiss her forehead then wipe her tears with my thumb.

"I dreamed of this. When I was over there." She sniffles the looks down to my chest almost in shame. "I should have been fighting harder but I wanted all this pain to end. Everything that has happened I wanted it gone. I just wanted to wake up in a place like this in your arms. I...I can't wrap my head around the fact this is real, it just..doesn't feel it." I nod understanding. There were times when I was in Hydra that I dreamed of the same, when I was able to anyway.

"Don't think about those times. Think about now." I brush my fingers through her hair gently trying to soothe her. "Soon we will all be together. The triplets will be in your arms, and Steve's. I'll help if you want me to. We'll get you a cozy cottage where you can be surrounded by flowers and lakes, the kids could run free with no worry. We could even get you that private practice you were going to open with your mom." She smiles softly nodding gently before pressing her head into the crook of my neck again. "I promise baby. One day soon things will be just like the dreams you have."

We hold each other for a while. I watch the sun move around the room and across her body. Our hands meeting each other once in a while, memorizing each others touch. I occasionally kiss her wherever I can, all I want is for her to feel some amount of peace while she can.