King And The Hitman 3

The entire scene was chaos and I was trapped in the middle of it. The gunshots going off was deafening. I'm sure the monster was making noise of its own but I couldn't hear anything beyond the gunfire ringing in my ear. Men were getting ripped apart while they tried shooting that creature down. Wooden crates exploded into pieces flying around almost as dangerous as the bullets. It was a miracle I wasn't shot when I was just sitting out in the open trying to get free. Another miracle happened when I got my legs out of the straps and started to try and run off into a direction away from the bullets and the beast.

My luck ended there. I started running on unsteady feet towards a tower of crates to hid behind. A man turned the corner into the fight, knocking me over. He was middle aged, white hair and had no weapon. I was so pissed he kept me from escaping I burned the image of his face into my mind as I fell. Then the beast came closer to me. It was only a few feet away but that meant bullets in that direction. What came next made it feel like everything just froze.

I was glued to the ground, on my back looking in the direction of the monster. The man with the white hair had his arm out stretched a face of concern and worry and the monster with its head turned to look at something that was just tossed towards it.

I didn't hear the explosion from my ears already being shot. I felt the shock wave and my head hit against the concrete floor so hard it knocked me out. There was no way to know how long I was out from. A few seconds or a few minutes. My ears rang and my body so stiff. I couldn't move so I just tried looking around to see what just happened.

Debris from the small explosion was scattered around. The overhead light flickered making it hard to see clearly. By how much my head hurt I was thankful for the brief stints of darkness. In the small few seconds of lights, I saw the white hair man go over to the creature carefully removing the chains. The monster looked as bad as I felt. Both back legs had been torn off. Countless injuries and bullet holes marred the dark fur. Even as I was on the ground, unable to move my head body and head pounding I felt bad for that thing. Whatever it was. It didn't feel right it was harmed so badly and most likely going to die.

"Don't move. I'll do what I can."

I was shocked I heard the man's voice. I shouldn't have been able to hear anything so clearly after that gun battle and explosion. As much as I disliked him from knocking me over and causing me to get caught up in that shock wave I had to admit, he sounded like a nice person. He sounded so worried as if he was talking to an old friend.

"Do not bother with me my King. This was my mistake. Wash your hands of this."

That monster spoke. Tears came to my eyes. I couldn't stop them. That terrifying, yet injured creature almost sounded like a hurt child trying to act brave.

"That man... he was taken like myself. Can you save him?"

That was strange. Was that beast talking about me? I tried sitting up, to get a better look but my body didn't move. The white hair man looked over in my direction. I could have sworn his clicked his tongue when he looked at me.

"No. He should already be dead. Humans cannot heal from vast injuries like that. Unlike you. If we could just get some virgin blood or flesh to patch you up then maybe..."

The man trailed off sounding as if his hope for the dark creature living was fading when he saw just how badly it was hurt. I didn't want to think about what he just said about me. How I had less hope than the beast before me. Using every ounce of willpower I had, I looked down at myself. And he was right. I really should have been dead already. My legs twisted and broke, arm torn off and chest full of bleeding ragged holes. How in the hell was I still awake? I tore my eyes away from my broken body and looked over at the two in front of me. I really wasn't going to make it out alive. But I could still do something.