33.

"We're almost there," Aamon had said to the two brunettes, the pain in his leg fully subsided and he strode on the grassy path beside the Crisiant woman. Within his hands was the yellowish map, its intricate drawings illustrating that their destination would be within their reach. Just about a few distances away.

"If ever we got there, where are we going to find a portal?" Gusion shot him a question that Seraph instead answered.

"According to the map, there should be a stone platform with a symbol. I believe we would be looking for that. Mayhaps, the portal would be hidden amongst plants or shrubbery." The golden brown-haired female memorized the map that has been engraved in her mind, so familiar like seeing the back of her hand.

The location of the heart was important for her to retrieve its half.

Speaking of possessing such a powerful artifact, Seraphima couldn't help but think about the probable turn of events. It unnerved her since these Paxley men have no idea of who she really was. A guardian of the Twilight Orb's fragment. A daughter of a Nontheistic Celestial who served the Lord of Light.

Her main purpose was to protect the Heart of Amina at all cost. The responsibility of her mother has been passed down to her after all.

But a side of her wanted to tell them the truth. She wanted to tell Aamon about her secret.

She didn't want him to think that she was using them or that she betrayed them because of keeping something so personal and confidential to herself.

Besides, if ever she fully procured the half of the heart, she would certainly help Gusion break the Paxley family curse. She would eliminate the evil deity, Kalon, from the chestnut-haired man's body and soul.

"Seraphima?" She snapped out of her reverie upon seeing Duke Paxley looking down at her with concern in his attractive blue-grey eyes.

"She hummed, implying that she heard him.

"You aren't listening to what I just said," he uttered while he folded and kept the map, returning his hand into hers, clinging tightly like a lock and chain. His thumb created circular motions on her hand, grazing against her skin.

She apologized with a subtle bow, "Sorry. I was just lost in thought."

Gusion glanced at her momentarily and slowed his pace, deciding to walk on the other side of Seraph and asking her. "Are you alright?"

She gazed at him with worry creasing into her facial expression. She manifested distress just through the way her brows curved and the straight form of her lips. The younger Paxley and elder Paxley were waiting for her answer with orbs of sight focused on her like blue colored lasers.

Seraph forced a smile and bobbed her head, "I'm fine. I can't wait until this whole thing is over."

"Me too. Maybe we can go back to the town square in Lumina City once again," Gusion suggested with a grin whilst his brother sighed at the sight of the brunettes being all friendly with each other.

"Or," they both averted their attention to him, "We can go to Eruditio."

"Come on. That's like a hundred kilometers away from Moniyan Empire to the Agrelta Drylands," said the dagger-wielder who eventually earned a slight chuckle from the woman. It caused his grin to grow even wider, somehow proud to see that he can make her smile despite the fact that she would never ever become his.

He quickly pushed that thought away before it could sadden him. Then Gusion took a glimpse of his elder sibling who was watching Seraphima's smile and he knew that he couldn't compete with him. Aamon had won her heart and it was Gusion's cue to let her go.