35.

"No! The Celestial Guardian! The Heart of Amina!" The white-haired Eruditian leaped.

Natan's voice shattered Aamon out of his trance. It was as if on cue, Gusion grabbed Seraph's wrist mindlessly then dragged her with him to jump off the edge, hurling towards the depth of the Abyss.

Then Aamon realized his mistake as his soul must've desired to leave his own mortal body and he cursed at himself incoherently.

"Gusion! What are you doing?! It's an Abyss down there!" Said the duke of House Paxley, his eyes filled with shock and intense worry as he jumped in order to save him.

And to also save the woman he love, who was within his sibling's hold.

Gales of wind brushed through his soft follicles and the surroundings around him sped up, perhaps it was because of his perspective of falling. The view that he was seeing as he plummeted directed to the unknown appeared like blurry moving pictures in movies.

Nevertheless, the duke focused with all his might to reach his brother's leg in hopes of getting him and Seraph back.

Natan, on the other hand, was determined to save the woman. He wanted to save her, not just because of the heart but also because she was a human. A living being that can easily be devoured by the mouth of death and then perish. It felt like his responsibility to halt one's demise due to his experience back in the future Eruditio where all hell breaks loose. Yes, she fought against them earlier but when he discovered that she was merely doing her life-long duty, he had to save her.

Seraph struggled against Gusion's grasp but the male was insanely strong and she yelped, knowing that her wrist might be earning an unwanted bruise.

How did I not notice this quickly? She inwardly blamed herself, she thought that the slight revitalization that she did to her chestnut-haired friend back in the village was enough.

But the evil deity Kalon managed to control his chosen vessel easily.

The Crisiant woman took a glimpse of Aamon who was desperately trying to reach them both. She wanted to yell at him for being stupid to fall after them. She didn't want to risk his life either because she knew she failed to protect Gusion. If only she had cured the curse long ago, this wouldn't have happened.

Aamon's fingers brushed the sole of Gusion's boots but his sibling turned to slightly faced him whilst holding Seraph tight to his physique.

Then what the ash grey-haired saw vastly reduced his hope.

No.. No... "No!"

Such blood red eyes brimmed with the lust for pure evil.

His eyes... How did his eyes?

With a swoosh of his right hand, the possessed brunette released myriads of magic infused daggers that were too fast for the duke and the Eruditian to progress. Seraph cried out, trying to stop the daggers but it was too late.

The daggers clashed against Aamon's figure but the ash grey-haired used his arms to shield himself, lessening the impact of the attack.

"What?!" Natan exclaimed as his blue orifices found the blades following him, then he defended himself with his spacetime device, receiving minimal cuts amd damages.

However, both men grunted at the stinging pain that the blades had left on them. Nevertheless, the blue-clad Paxley felt his heart torn out of him when he looked at his beloved who was helplessly descending further into the Abyss.

"No," his voice began to shake as he felt scared. Fear was continuously bubbling up inside of him, "No! Gusion! Seraph—"

Then out of nowhere, large green vines twined Natan's and Aamon's body like an enormous coiling snake, pulling their bodies back up on the safety ground of the palace as if they weight nothing.