Chapter II

Is it V?

Suddenly, the traffic started to clear out and the vehicles moving.

It's not him. How will he be here? He is on vacation, right?

When I am in my thoughts, a horn sound took me back to reality. So, I resumed my drive.

Why am I thinking about him constantly? I know I am back, in Korea, but it doesn't mean I can see him wherever I turn. According to his company, he is on vacation. So, he will be in other countries to enjoy his vacation. Then what I saw a while ago could be just a dream or my own imagination.

But he may be here also, right? It's not a fact that vacation should be spent in other countries. It can be spent here also, right?

My stupid heart, what's the problem with you? Did you forget why he broke up with you? Is your love for him which I locked and kept deep down is breaking its shackles?

Then y/n, your love for him is not gone or lost, right? It's deep down within you. It can be rejuvenated anytime, right?

As I reached my destination, the fight within my mind stopped. Now work mode on. I entered the building and reached my office. Everyone greeted me and I did the same. The meeting started within five minutes. The points to be presented in the meeting with the company is discussed. Except me all of them are happy to collaborate with that company. Because it's Korea's biggest K-pop company, Big Hit Entertainment. I don't want to do this but it's a great opportunity so I can't decline it. Eventually, I accepted it and here I am. The meeting will be held in their company and I wish not to cross paths with him. And I am happy that they are on their vacation. So, it is not possible also. Our discussion is finally over and all of them are excited and nervous about the big day. I am nervous too. I drove back to my apartment. I had my dinner with my mom and dad. As it is late Taehee is already asleep. I also want to sleep early because tomorrow we need to leave to Daegu early. I laid beside Taehee, who is sleeping comfortably. I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes. Within a fraction of second his face came to my mind. Why? I need to sleep today. I am really tired. He kept on popping inside my head. It is due to the incident happened today. After fighting with my mind for hours, I fell asleep but I don't know when it happened.

NEXT DAY

We were heading towards Daegu in my father's car. The drive was silent when Taehee is asleep. But when she was awake, it was lively. She would say random stuff like her new friends in Daegu, the toys her grandparents bought her and showing somethings on the way and asking questions, etc. She was such a cheerful child. When we reached Daegu, Taehee spotted a colorful ice-cream van and pointed towards it, which was surrounded by children and their parents. The colorful pictures on the van might have attracted them like it attracted my daughter. Myself and my parents tried to convince her saying that we could buy ice-cream after reaching home but she is so adamant. So, my father parked the car nearby and I picked her up and went near the van. The queue was so long but Taehee was happy and so I waited patiently. At that time, I noticed the park nearby. It was the same park but with little bit of changes like few extra swings, old benches replaced by new ones and the plants pruned in different shapes, etc. It was the same park which I visited first after moving to South Korea. The same park where I met Taehyung for the first time.

FLASHBACK

I know I am new here but I have visited this park two or three times, then why people are staring at me today also. If it's the first time, I can understand I am a foreigner. But.....why today also.. Okay, cool down y/n. Everything will be alright. Like always mind your own business.

I could have been at home but I like the fresh air here. As usual I went to my spot and started to read a book. Suddenly, I felt a presence beside me but I didn't have the courage to look up and so I sat like I didn't notice. I felt a small tongue licking my feet and when I saw what it was? Wow, it was a dog and it was cute. Without thinking about anything, I started to stroke its hair and it was also happy, which can be noticed by the wagging of its tail. I loved dogs. But my parents didn't allow me to keep one. I was lost in its beautiful eyes. Suddenly, I noticed its collar and came back to reality and stopped petting it. And its collar had a leash attached on it and I followed it and it led to the hand of the person near me. I was thinking whether I should lift my head and see the person or not. Finally, I lifted my head and looked at the person. He smiled at me and his smile was pleasant. I had a shy smile on my face. He was not staring at me like others and all the Koreans seemed same to me but not him. He was cute and in my eyes he looked different from others. I didn't realize I was intensely gazing at his eyes till he initiated to speak.