A Battle Interrupted; Return to Terra

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* CHAPTER XIV *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Severus had stayed close to his lover, keeping him shielded even as he allows him to kill the 5,000 souls he needs to transition into a Devil like himself and gain the same life span that Severus has. The flow of battle had shifted suddenly and a terrible sense of dread filled him. His left arm was starting to itch. As his lover was steadily giving into an Alpha rage, becoming more savage, less human in his slaying of the enemy. He purrs, watching Theodred relish in the terror and anguish he was causing. But the itch was turning to a burning sensation and he finally breaks his concentration, but at this point, Theodred's only about 150 souls away from his Awaking.

Quickly undoing the laces that hold his sleeve shut, he rolls the sleeves of his battle robe and the sleeve of his undershirt. He looks at his arm, wondering if he had been hit at some point and only just now noticed the wound. However it was so much worse than a neglected and now infected wound. There, in stark black and faint acid green, the skull opens its mouth and a snake slithers out, growing deeper and darker in pigment, the snake giving a soundless hiss as it slithers down and around the skull. And then he feels it pulse, three short and two long.

'He's coming!' He thinks in panic and completely forgets his plans to watch his mate's Awakening, the Alpha's memories will have to suffice at a later date! His main concerns right now were which dithering idiot said the bastard's name and where the hell is Hadrian!? 'If I had to put my coin on it, I would say 5 each for either of the youngest of the Weasley brood, 10 total for both of them being the dunderheaded dolts to bring doom on us all!'

He checks his tethers and curses when he finds the two blasted idiots too close to Hadrian's, no entwined with his! He takes off in a dive bomb. The air breaking around him sounded like a high pitched screech, Severus letting his wand shoot back into its holster as he summons up true Demon fire, the ball of purplish black flames, with hints of icy blue spidering through it formed first, small and growing larger until he slams full force into the wall of Uruk-hai that had surrounded the three of them, quickly wrapping his wings around his shoulders and tucking his tail up against his spin under his robe. Thankfully he hand not fully changed or his emotional state would have made it hard to pull his horns back in.

Glamours in place, he stomps up to the children, glaring death at the two pale Weasley children, Ginerva sitting on her knees, Hadrian's head in her lap. Ronald was ragged, a fresh cut on his temple and dirt smeared on his face. Severus doesn't even feel remotely concerned for any potential head trauma or infections that might crop up in the dolt and he couldn't help wishing the bint had been just as bad or perhaps dead. He does not waste his breath demanding answers knowing that the two would either blame one another or Hadrian himself. He pulls his medical supplies out of his robes, tossing bandages at the red haired boy and pulls Hadrian close, ignoring Ginerva's protests.

He hisses as his arm burns with the pulses, feeling them stronger the closer the Dark Lord gets to them. He instead focuses on Hadrian.

"Lord Prince!?" Boromir's voice cries out and the auburn haired man comes crashing through some Orcs, loping their heads off with his sword and smashing a Goblin in the face with his shield and then crushing its skull under his grieves. "Master Hadrian!!"

"Captain Boromir, I need a wall of protection and I need you to send up the black flares I passed out..." Severus looks up for only a second to see the man's face pale and then grow grim as he quickly grabs his horn off his belt and blows into it four times, quick and short, and then one long blow. Soon a wall of Men, Dwarves and Elves encircle them. Arwen breaks from the wall to shove Ginny out of the way and quickly will water from her waterskin out and into a small orb before letting it fall into Harry's mouth.