Harry is willing to simply walk into Mordor

~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* CHAPTER V *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~ *~* ~

Brewing was a relaxing art, much like cooking was. Harry worked the six cauldrons with a practiced ease, even as Lord Elrond, Erestor and the Twins were sitting with him. They were watching him brew three healing potions, a sleeping potion, fever reduction potion and a burn salve. He minced, crushed, ground and mixed with the skill of a master. Uncle Sev would be so proud of him. As he worked, the five of them talked. It had only been a week since Harry recovered his magic and already he had restocked his stores and was now stocking up Elrond's stores.

It became clear that no one else was coming to the meeting, either they could not come or they did not want to come. The turn out had left Elrond worried, enough so that Harry had to give him the revised version of the Dreamless Sleep Draught and headache reducers as well. The Elvin Lord was worried, things were not looking well for the future.

"We could wait another week, Ada..." Elrohir ventured.

"We cannot afford it. All who are willing have already arrived, those who have not come are either already under enemy occupation or refuse to accept that this fate affects us all." He sighed, carefully grinding the dried snake fangs to a fine powder as the instructions indicated.

"This meeting will take forever..." Elladan sighed, he had seen who had shown up, many of whom had a quarrel with one or many of those in attendance. "I've had to break up a few fights already and the meeting has yet to even take place."

"Perhaps we should simply send a small envoy in secret?" Erestor suggested, using the flat of his pure silver blade to crush the prickly ball that squealed and shrieked as you attempted to cut it before squeezing its juices into vials for later use.

"What is going on?" Harry asked them, taking the healing potions off the fires and leaving them to cool before setting the twins to bottle them.

"Estel informed us that you have successfully tricked the Nazgul not once, but twice, managed to keep them at bay most of the journey here and even fought them off with your magic. Arwen watched you battle them in your severely injured state and come out of it standing."

"Truly!?" Erestor asked just as Glorfindel, his lover, walked in and froze. "Ah, Glorfindel?"

"I've come to ask for a cream for removing scars... one of the young warriors got careless and took a bad tumble." he sighed.

"Yes... I take it that they are not something you can normally stand up to... and if you give me about half an hour I can have the cream ready for you, Master Glorfindel." Harry informed them both, before sighing and grousing in annoyance, "Even in other worlds, I'm a freak..."

"You are not a freak!" Elrond snapped, startling all with the level of anger he had reached. "That fat goblin in human skin is most lucky I cannot reach him unless the Valar grant me passage to his home and use my glaive to flay the fat from his back!"

Harry gaped and almost missed removing the other potions from their fires to cool off, if he hadn't set alarms on them.

"Lord Elrond--"

"What your relatives have said and done to you was wrong! You are a very kind and talented young man. The 'freaks' I see are them, for no normal person, no matter their race or magical status would purposely enslave a child!" The Half Elf snapped out, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Harry kinda gapes a moment longer before ducking his head and smiling self-deprecatingly, "I will try to think better of myself, but... experience has long since taught me that even among my own people I am abnormal..."