20

"Wh..what?" I spit out, probably looking like the apples that are surrounding us in the apple house. 

"He thinks we're sleeping together. I've been texting him all day."

"Did you tell him he's wrong?" 

"Yes!" 

"What the fuck," I breathe quietly. "What is his problem with me?" 

"Huh?" 

"He's obviously got it out for me, he kept taunting me when he came over."

"Yeah, I'm sure you noticed it pissed me off. He thinks you're hot and I told him to back off." Oh. Wasn't expecting that one.

"Why?" 

"Why what?" He cocks his head. 

"Why'd you tell him to back off?" I ask quietly, looking to his eyes, searching for something but I don't know what.

"Is it him?" He asks quieter than me.

"Is who what?" I'm beyond confused at this point.

"Is Will the guy you're into?" As soon as Sam says this, an almost hysterical laugh spills from my lips and I clap my hand over my mouth.

"Did I say something funny?"

"Yeah, kinda. And no, definitely not. Not my type," I look down to our feet and the smile of an inside joke plasters my face. 

"Oh." That's all he says before Beth comes running up to us, hauling a bag of apples half as big as her.

"Did you find the most perfect ones?" I lean down, grabbing the bag from her and she nods vigorously. 

"These look yummy. I'm gonna go buy them and then we can head home." Sam steps in, taking the bag and walking away. 

"We're gonna go to the car, kay?" I tell him, gripping Bee's hand. He simply nods and continues with the cashier who's ogling him once again. Leave it alone. I walk out with Bee and we go to the car.

"Will you put in 'Enchanted'?" Bee asks, since she didn't want to unbuckle herself to put the movie in. I jokingly roll my eyes at her as I climb to the back seat and put the movie into the DVD player. It starts to play and I hum to the music quietly, watching Sam walk to the van, setting the bag in the backseat, and then getting into the drivers seat. 

"The answer is no," he says, knowing I was going to tell him I'm driving. I roll my eyes and slump back into my seat feeling defeated.

We drove for about a half an hour before we stopped at a rest stop to go to the bathroom and have some snacks and waters, where I raced Sam back to the car and beat him to the drivers seat. 

"Ha ha!" I taunt to him from the drivers seat. He simply scoffs out a laugh and turns to Bee, handing her some fruit snacks and a water bottle. As he spins back with our snacks, I start the car, which brings the life back to the movie where Giselle starts to sing "That's How You Know." I start to sing along and Bee and I start jamming out. Sam just stares at us like we're crazy and I sing to him to annoy him even more.

"You got to show her you need her," I wave my hands in his face, dancing as much as I can in a drivers seat. "Don't treat her like a mind reader." He's sitting there with his brows furrowed and a smile on his face as he watches my performance. 

"Everybody wants to live happily ever after," Bee practically screams from the backseat and I giggle, turning just in time to see her tip her water all over the seat. 

"Shit," I whisper under my breath, reaching across to the glovebox to grab napkins. Sam scoots up his seat when I reach across his lap and I give him a confused stare as his arms are flexed and he's holding himself midair to get out of the way. 

"You aren't in the way," I assure him before climbing through to the backseat to clean up the moisture. 

"Oops," Beth says, finally noticing what happened and I smile. 

"It's just water, don't worry about it. You want another snack before we head out?" 

"Can I have more fruit snacks?" 

"How about a granola bar? Or crackers?"

"Crackers are good," she says grabbing the bag from me and thanking me. I climb back into my seat, and take my jacket off because the hot air is blowing on my face. I toss it in the backseat before turning back and realizing I need to adjust my seat. 

"You're a giant," I chuckle at him as I pull my seat closer to the wheel.

"You're just tiny," he replies, relaxing back into his seat finally. Suddenly, the movie stops and I look in the rear view mirror to see that Bee has plugged in headphones.

"We must be so annoying," I point back to her and Sam laughs. 

"Obviously," he leans forward and plugs his phone into the aux. I pull out of the parking lot and get back on the highway before the shuffled music started playing "Our Song" by Taylor Swift. I immediately burst into laughter, slapping the wheel.

"Oh come on, I just shuffled my liked songs!" He tries to defend himself but I'm just giggling hysterically. "Bee probably liked this when she was using my Spotify." 

"Yeah, sure," I manage to say between giggles. "Are you a swiftie?" 

"Drop it," he says, changing the song. I glance over and he's trying his best to suppress his grin which makes me smile even harder. I didn't realize until right now how much I like making him smile. Jeez, I need to chill. He skips the song, looking for something better.

"Hey, go back to that," I tell him, still looking at the road. 

"Ugh," he groans, but I can tell he's joking.

"Hey, I'm driving and I want to listen to it. Pretty please?" I shift my gaze to him pleadingly.
"Fine," he caves and I smile triumphantly. The song starts to play and I nod my head while drumming on the wheel. I glance over and see Sam look away and I grin. 

"And you say I like to stare?" I smirk. He rolls his eyes but I can see a slight blush dusting his cheeks. I look back to the road, singing along to Taylor and internally thanking the universe that I got to spend this day with them.

// this stupid song has been on repeat for an hour now. it's such a throwback!! hope you enjoyed this one, sorry it's so short but i have big ideas so we're all gonna have to deal with some filler haha. don't forget to vote and comment lol ;) luv u