3

After a few months of promoting it all over social media and anonymously leaking a snippet of my favorite song—with daddy's permission, of course—it was time for his new album's release party.

In two days, we'd be celebrating the drop of 24K Magic.

As usual, the party would host plenty of other big artist like Drake, Ariana Grande, and Beyoncé, but that happened every year, so it was nothing special.

I was also given permission to annoy the celebrities about my upcoming quince, but I did that every year, too. The only difference was that it was less than a year away this time.

But what I was most nervous about for this year's party was that daddy wanted me, Denki, and Kyoka to perform. They were overjoyed by the news, but I was terrified. They didn't see it the way I did, which was that we were going to be judged by plenty of already established artists.

In an attempt to take some of the pressure off, he said we didn't have to perform an original song, and we could just do one of his old ones, but that didn't settle my nerves much.

He also told me I could invite a few people, as if I had any friends. Other than Kyoka and Denki, there wasn't really anyone I was close to.

I mean, there were my classmates, like Mina, Ochako, and Itsuka, but I didn't really talk to them outside of school.

Onyx was just a guy that liked me, there were plenty of them, and I was positive daddy wouldn't want them at the party.

Han was the same, except I liked him back, which was where the problem lay.

If I invited him and daddy caught any kind of flirting between us, Han would probably get kicked out, which would just ruin the whole vibe.

If I wanted Han there, I'd need help from an absolute expert in distracting my father.

The moment I got home, I fed the dogs and let them out. I couldn't focus on homework while impatiently waiting for her, so I just did whatever came to mind for the excruciatingly long hour it took her to get home.

I heard the garage open and practically sprinted downstairs.

"Freaking finally!" I huffed, the moment she walked in.

"Cuida tu boca," Jessica scolded.
[𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑.]

"But I didn't cuss," I countered.

"Close enough."

"Lo siento. Okay, I need your help," I said quickly.
[𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢.]

"With what?" she asked, moving around me to put her purse down and go in the fridge.

"I wanna invite Han to the party, but I'm scared he'll try to flirt with me, so I need you to distract daddy— Hey! You're home early!" I smiled as he walked in.

I internally panicked, praying he didn't hear anything as I went to hug him.

"You have to get your braces tightened today. Of course, I'm home. But we need to go before you're late," he replied, hugging me back.

"Can Jessica take me?" I asked.

"I can't, sweetheart. I have to be back at the studio in— I'm late!" she huffed, quickly grabbing her things and shoving the rest of her grapes in her mouth as she ran into their bedroom.

She came back out a few minutes later, having not calmed down at all.

"!Pensé que tenía más tiempo! Los veré a ambos en la cena. Te amo," she said, kissing daddy before running out.
[𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎! 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞.]