2

It'd been a week since daddy said 'no' to dating, and he still hadn't changed his mind.

Usually, I probably wouldn't have had any problem obeying him, even if it was my first 'no', but this was torture.

Han was everything I wanted—granted I barely knew him.

And I still had yet to tell daddy anything about him, but I needed to talk to someone. And preferably someone who actually knew about relationships, which ruled out my best friends.

I sighed, I'm gonna have to talk to Jessica.

I rolled my eyes, already dreading the conversation as I went in my bathroom to start my morning routine.

Daddy had already come to say bye to me early that morning, so it was just me and Jessica left in the house since she was off that day.

It was kind of sad that they didn't get a lot of time together, especially since the first year of their relationship was long distance.

On top of that, there was the huge fight the third year where I almost broke them up.

I'd already apologized for it, and they forgave me, but I still felt bad about it.

At the time, I absolutely hated Jessica. I practically tormented her with harsh pranks and filled her head with all types of insecurities about hers and daddy's relationship.

Had it been only her that cried from my behavior, I probably would've been fine with it. But when she almost left him, daddy fell apart, just like he did when my mom left.

When I finally came clean, he was disappointed, but never angry. I helped him get her back and found out that even after everything I'd put her through, she never told daddy.

Every prank, lie, and rude comment was kept secret because she didn't want him to ever put her needs before mine, no matter the situation.

Though I've been supportive of their relationship since then, she was probably the nicest person I'd ever met, and I had nothing against her specifically—I still only tolerated her presence.

It all came down to trust. And we had none.

Though I didn't blame her for it, we didn't have much of a relationship at all.

She'd tried in the beginning, but I definitely ruined that, so she usually just kept her distance.

Just be nice, I mentally coached while getting myself dressed. All I have to do is be nice to her.

I sighed and checked myself in the mirror.

I turned around, making sure my skirt covered my butt before heading downstairs

Lucky for me, the woman was already in the kitchen.