7

Denki and Kyoka panicked when I didn't show up for school the next few days and hadn't been answering my phone.

I wasn't trying to ignore them, I just wanted to spend as much time as possible with my daddy before he had to go back to work, even if he was working from home the whole time.

Uncle Philip had been coming over early and staying late, and when there were meetings, the two of them joined a conference call in daddy's home office.

I was going downstairs to the kitchen when I heard the intercom buzz for the security gate. "Daddy!" I called, going to check the camera.

"Yeah?" he yelled back from somewhere else in the house. I knew he couldn't be too far if he heard me.

"Never mind!"

I opened the gate to let them in, assuming they'd both ridden my bus from school and walked here.

I opened the front door as they ran towards it, and they immediately surrounded me in a hug the moment they made it.

"Why are y'all here?" I asked.

"You disappeared for two days! We thought you died!" Denki replied dramatically.

Kyoka rolled her eyes, "I didn't think that. I just thought you were sick, but you look fine to me, so why haven't you been at school?"

"Um..." I replied, turning to walk away from the door. They came in behind me and closed it.

"Y/n? Why haven't you been at school?" Kyoka pressed.

"Well... I'm kinda, sorta transferring."

"What?!" they yelled in sync.

"Daddy, made horchatas again. Want one?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Ooh, yes!" Denki instantly replied.

Kyoka wasn't so easily persuaded, "Why are you changing schools?"

I shrugged, "I'm tired of getting bullied for lying about who my dad is when I'm not lying at all."

Denki leaned closer to my ear, pulling Kyoka in, too. "My dad has a gun. I can fix it," he whispered.

"愚か者!学校を撃つことはできません!あなたは刑務所に行きます !" Kyoka yelled, smacking his head.
[𝙸𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚝! 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕! 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗!]

"Ah! あんな事はしないで!それは痛い!" he whined.
[𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝! 𝙸𝚝 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜!]

"ばかげたことを言うのをやめてください。" she countered, gently kissing his cheek as an apology.
[𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝.]

"Okay..." I muttered, giving a drink to each of them before making my own. "Anyway, the other reason is cause three kids from my bus followed me home the other day—well, halfway home—and daddy said the paparazzi's been trying to find me, so it's not safe anymore. I might actually end up getting pulled out of school all together and getting homeschooled."

"You can't do that! What about graduating together?!" Denki stressed.

Kyoka sighed, "Denks, her dad is Bruno Mars and we live in California. You've seen how crazy people are here. What if some fan finds out who she is and tries to kidnap her to get to him, or something? It'll be better if she stays home where it's safe anyway."