5

Jessica dismissed everyone else, asking for a moment alone to talk to me.

Once the hallway was clear, she let out a heavy sigh. "Y/n-"

"No! Why should I have to apologize when they're the ones that messed everything up?!" I asked.

"Y/n, that's enough. So your crush knows you like him, it's not the end of the world," she replied.

"He wasn't supposed to know!"

"Stop yelling."

"You are not my mom! You can't tell me what to do!"

She sighed. "I know that, Y/n. But I'm also right in front of you, you don't need to yell for me to hear you."

"WHY WON'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE?!"

She stepped closer to me and grabbed me by my cheeks. "I don't have to be your mother to discipline you. Now you're gonna lower your voice, watch your mouth and tone, and speak to me with the same respect I do you. I will be the villain in your life, I don't care. If it means I lose my place in your life and your father's then so be it, but I refuse to sit here and watch you tear your own beautiful bonds apart just because you don't know how to control your anger. You're acting like your mother."

Tears flooded my eyes as I shook my head. "I'm not her."

"Y/n, look at your best friend. Your dad. You may not be hitting them physically, but abuse can be emotional, too. This is the second time you've hurt your dad over a boy. You need to reevaluate who matters the most to you. You're putting a boy you just met before your best friend and your father, is that really what you want?"

I shook my head, unable to speak through my break down.

"C'mere, sweetheart."

I hugged her tightly as I sobbed in her arms.

"Nena, entiendo que estés molesto. Pero no puedes desquitarte con todos los que te rodean. Es un chico, Y/n, y por lo que sabemos, también le gustas. Quiero decir, ¿te quedaste el tiempo suficiente para averiguar si lo hizo?"
[𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝙸 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚜𝚎𝚝. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙷𝚎'𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚢, 𝚈/𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚝𝚘𝚘. 𝙸 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗, 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍?]

I shook my head, still unable to stop my flowing tears. "Estaba demasiado avergonzada."
[𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍.]

She stroked my hair, cuffing my curls behind my ear. "¿Cómo esperas saber cómo se siente si no te quedas el tiempo suficiente para escucharlo?"
[𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗?]

I only shrugged.

"Creo que deberías ir a disculparte con tus mejores amigos. Y si Han todavía está aquí, ve a hablar con él también," she suggested.
[𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚏 𝙷𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚝𝚘𝚘.]