I see you

𖧷 ⠿ 𖧷

3rd person's

As they walked back home from their date, the cool late-night wind struck their skin, making them giggle. As they got closer towards the front door, she started thinking of something she might use as an excuse to not spend more time with him. She didn't want the night to come to an end just yet.

" Cami, what do you think of night swimming? " she asks Camilo who was watching his feet. He paused a moment to consider it before shifting his gaze to her, meeting her delicate features.

" It's nice, would you like to go out for a night swim querida? " He tucked strands of her hair behind her air, making her melt with the warmth of his palm when he cupped her cheek. She nodded.

He kissed her on the forehead softly. He's not sure why he did it, but he felt it was necessary to do it while she was with him. He felt obliged to protect, hug, and kiss her just by looking at her. He knows he initiated the bet, so how could he fail? Was it really that crucial now that they're so close? When did he start feeling this way?

" Go get changed, I'll invite the girls and Antonio. I'll pick you up later okay? " He muttered this as he fiddled with her hair one last time before watching her enter their home and confirming she was safe before returning to his house.

Y/n stormed into Valeria's room, startling her. She got anxious and started to talk about the night swim, what she should wear, and what she should present to Camilo, making it extremely difficult for her to comprehend what her sister was saying. Valeria could only giggle and felt proud of herself for witnessing her sister in this situation.

" Relax, relax I got you. What are his likes? or hobbies? " Val asks and takes both of Y/n's hands in hers, causing her to stop talking and settle down. She shrugged her shoulders and paused, she doesn't know.

" Ha! I knew it, you don't know anything about him yet. " She replies as she leans against the wall, grinning at her sister.

" Well, that's because you won't give this engagement a chance. " she adds and began looking for clothes in her closet, leaving Y/n puzzled.

" What do you mean I won't give it a chance? I'm already engaged to the guy. If I didn't give the engagement a chance, no one's getting married 2 weeks from now. " Y/n scoffed and her sister only laughed.

" I can't believe that no matter how many books you've read, you're still dumb. " Valeria sat behind her sister and started fixing her hair, putting it in a braid crown to prevent it from getting wet.

" What I meant was, you won't open your heart to him yet. Now I don't know what happened with that boy Gael that made you so cold, but notice how Camilo's making all these efforts for you. "

Valeria continues, softly combing her hair. Y/n took a pause and looked down at her bracelet. She wanted to open up to him, but it's not easy for her to surrender to what her heart was feeling and trust him.

" And you're done. Change into these. " Val handed her a white tank top with matching shorts before beginning to do her own her as Y/n asked her to come.

Soon after, one of the maids called for them as Camilo and the others were waiting downstairs. Valeria flashed a glance at her sister, letting her recall what she had said, and Y/n just responded with a snarky smile. Camilo's hands slid around her waist the moment he saw her. The females gave them a sly glance before leaving and walking towards the lake.

Valeria playfully dragged her body to the chilly water, shocking her, while the others joined them, diving in. Camilo approached Y/n, hoisting her by the waist and locking her feet around his torso, and she gave Valerie a withering glare.

" Now this was a good idea. " They both chuckled as they linked their foreheads, Y/n cupping his cheeks and Camilo firmly holding her lower body.

Well, that's because you won't give that engagement a chance. Valeria's words lingered repeatedly in her head, causing her smile to drop to a frown, Making Camilo furrow his eyebrows.

" What's wrong? " he asks and began caressing her back to give her warmth.

" What If the both of us should just call off this engagement instead? " Y/n responds sternly. Camilo's chest grew heavy as he felt the agony of loneliness. His grip loosened and he just peered into her eyes, being unable find the right answer.