Golden Hour

𖧷 ⠿ 𖧷

Camilo's 

She just laid there, not saying anything after that sudden confession. I'm a patient person but in times like these, I'm the most impatient person to ever exist. " Y/n. " I tapped on her shoulder and she finally looked at me. Her breathtaking features never fail to captivate and make me fall in love with her over and over again.

" But, we have a bet? " she says and I just laughed. I can't believe she still remembers that bet we made years ago. I mean, who gambles on their feelings? Me. Yes me, stupid me.

The bet was simple. Don't fall in love, but what led it all to this? I simply cannot keep my feelings to myself any longer. I want to hold her, kiss her, tell her how my day went and how much I love her. But what if she doesn't love me back and I make a complete fool of myself? 

Nevermind. After all, this is just a foolish gamble.

But I want to make every second I have with her count.

" Then I guess I lost. "

3rd person's

Camilo tilts his head and raises both hands in defeat, anticipating her response. Her face was unreadable to him, and she appeared to be deep in thought, which made him anxious. She burst out laughing, startling him and causing him to flinch. 

Her laughing at his confession made him insecure. He got out of bed, cleared his throat, and headed for the door, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. " Hey, hold on where are you going? " She says while clutching her stomach. " Camilo? " she walked towards him when he just stood in front of the door and didn't answer.

" You could've just told me, Y/n. " his voice cracked and he covered his face with his palms, trying to stop himself from crying. " Told you what? Cami? " She ran up to him and pulled his shoulder, turning him around.

" You could've just told me you don't feel the same way instead of laughing, that's just mean. " he says in between his sobs. She giggled and hugged his waist, kissing his chin. " You're a big baby aren't you? " she says and he whines.

" I hate you, leave me alone. " he stomped his feet and walked towards his bed, curling up to a ball and covering his face with his yellow blanket. Y/n followed him and hugged him from behind, " Knock knock. " she tapped on his shoulder, he shook his head.

" Seriously Camilo, what's the matter? " Y/n sat up and leaned against the headboard, pulling him to lay on her chest. " I told you I love you and you laughed at me, that's mean Y/n. " he sniffs and grips on the sheets.

" I win, you lose. " she says and fiddles with his locks and he melted into her arms, " That's what I'm laughing at. " he nodded and started to feel sleepy when the cool wind entered his room.

" Sleep, we have work to do later. " Y/n adds and kissed his forehead. Camilo succumbed to his drowsiness and hugged her torso, making himself at comfortable. She pulled the blanket over his body and murmured " I love you too. " letting a soft relieved yawn escape his lips, that soon curved into a smile before closing his eyes

" Y/n c'mon we have to get ready! " Valeria yells from the front door of the Casita to her sister sitting at the roof with Camilo. The sun was setting and they spent the entire day decorating again for the Christmas party, which commences in an hour. Camilo groaned and laid his head on Y/n's lap, his face to her tummy. 

" Aside from butterflies, If I put a baby in there will they still be able to steal you from me? " he says as he pokes her stomach, prompting a smack and a glare from her. 

" Joking amor, but.. " he paused and looked up, " I'm not joking when I say I see you as the mother of my future kids. " Her cheeks flushed bright red and she felt hot, while her heart skipped a few beats and her breath was taken away by his pretty smile.

" Aw, look who's blushing. " He sat up and ruffled her hair as he teased her. She groaned, rolled her eyes, and stood up. " I seriously hate you. " she says before sliding down on one of Isabela's vines to go to her sister.

" You don't! " he shouts when they started walking away. Valeria only pursed her lips, trying not to laugh at her sister who is now pissed. Camilo and Valeria both have a hobby to annoy her.

" Now that you two finally got along, I'm guessing you're moving here again? " Valeria's question pulled Y/n's attention to her. She thought about it for a second, her brow furrowed. " So you're not? Y/n you know how Camilo will react- "

" I didn't say anything, I'm still thinking about it. You know how I always wanted to be a part of dad's company, right? I worked hard for my position. " Y/n cuts her off and focused on the road.

" So you're saying that choosing your career ahead of your happiness is the greatest choice? "