L is For the Way You Look at Me

I woke up on a frosty Monday morning in February to my alarm blaring and Lucy and Sirius jumping on my bed. "I'm up, I'm up." I said as I pulled back the covers and got up, ready to start the day. Getting myself ready for the day didn't take too long. Lucy insisted on wearing a pretty red dress since her preschool was having a Valentine's Day party.

We got downstairs and I set aside the cupcakes we had made the day before for her class party. I set about, making her breakfast and letting the dog outback. I was sipping my coffee, watching my daughter attempt to hide some of her pancakes away to share with Sirius when he came back in. Checking the time, I realized that for once we were on time, so I got her hands cleaned, put Sirius in his crate and gathered her backpack and the cupcakes.

We were just about to walk out the door when the doorbell rang. I opened it, revealing Steve on the other side with two bouquets of flowers. "Well good morning. This is a surprise." I said with a giggle.

"Good morning

"Good morning. Happy Valentine's Day." He said, offering me the larger of the two bouquets. I took it with a smile, bringing the roses up to my nose, breathing in their scent.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I said, giving him a light kiss. He knelt down to Lucy's level and handed her the other bouquet.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Steve said. Lucy squealed and jumped at him, throwing her arms around his neck, choking him as much as she was hugging him.

"Thank you Steve." She said. I didn't think it was possible for this man to burrow even deeper into my heart but seeing him love my daughter like she was his, he dug himself a little deeper.

"Let me take those from you Lucy, and I'll put them in some water." I said before heading back to the kitchen and fixing up vases for the two bouquets.

"I hope you don't have any plans for tonight." Steve said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Well seeing as how this is a couples' holiday and my boyfriend didn't call me to make plans, I have not." I informed him with a smirk.

"I've been setting something up all week. Your parents agreed to watch Lucy and Sirius for the night and you are coming to stay at my house."

"That sounds lovely. Now I have to dash. Lucy will rain hellfire if she's late to her Valentine's party and I have some client issues that I need to see to as soon as I get back. What time do you want me to come over?"

"Does 7 work?"

"I'll make sure it does. I gotta go. I love you."

"I love you too." He said before kissing me as Lucy and I ran out the door.

❤️❤️❤️

I pulled up to Steve's house that night at 7 o'clock on the dot. I had already called my parents and said goodnight to Lucy so I was in the clear for the rest of the night. I checked my makeup, which wasn't too much, in the rear view mirror before getting out of my truck and walking up to Steve's door, placing three knocks upon it.

She heard steps approach the door and it swung open, revealing Steve, dressed in a burgundy dress shirt that was rolled up to his elbows, a signature of his, and a pair of jeans. It amazed me how the simplest of outfits made him look like a Greek god. "It smells heavenly in here. What did you make?"

"Well I tried to make lasagna but that failed epically so I may have had to put in a rush order from Lorenzo's and they may have just dropped it off." I laughed at that.

"It's the thought that counts. Plus, I'll never say no to Lorenzo's." We are our meal, telling each other about our day. It seemed so simple but these were the moments I missed most after Nick had passed and it was nice that I had someone who cared enough to ask about my days again.

We were sitting in his living room after dinner, a bottle of wine on the coffee table and us holding our glasses. "You know, you made Lucy's day by getting her flowers as well. It was the first thing she told my mom when she picked her up from preschool."

"I mean, I couldn't show up and not give my Valentine flowers, could I?" He asked.

I laughed. "Oh of course not. She would've had your head. But in all seriousness, thank you for loving her as you do. Before I met you, I didn't know if I'd ever be able to open my heart to someone else after what happened to Nick but I knew with absolute certainty that if I ever did, he'd need to love Lucy as much as I do. I think that's what cemented you in my heart, watching the two of you."

"Would you ever want more?" He asked softly, almost vulnerably.

"More kids? I'd love more kids. I was an only child and although I had more than enough animals around me, I'd have loved some siblings." He seemed relieved with my answer. We'd been together for almost a year but neither of us had been brave enough to have this particular conversation.

It was late at this point and between the two of us, we'd finished off two bottles of wine. While the super soldier might not be feeling the effects of it, I was. Picking me up bridal style, Steve carried me upstairs as I giggled.

Crossing the threshold into his bedroom, he used his foot to shut the door behind us. He placed me on the bed so gently, as if I was made of glass. I sat up and removed my dress, revealing the matching lingerie that I agonized over while getting ready. His eyes darkened with lust, sending a jolt that shot straight through nether regions. He made quick work, removing his clothes before joining me on the bed, removing my remaining garments tantalizingly slow, enjoying as my breath would hitch as he placed open mouth kisses on my neck and breasts as he removed my bra.

When he got to the matching thong, he paused, looking up at me from where he laid in between my legs. Looping his fingers around it, he began dragging them down my thighs, kissing his way towards my center, where I wanted his touch the most. Losing the last bit of his patience, he ripped them the rest of the way off and began kissing his way up my body, coming to stop at the apex of my thighs, where he inserted his fingers, working me into a blubbering, moaning mess. Damn this man was good at just about everything. It didn't take him long to pull an orgasm from me and I came hard around his fingers and mouth.

He worked his way back up to me, pulling me into a heated kiss, where I could taste myself on his lips, on his tongue. I moaned into his mouth as I felt him press up against my entrance, hooking my legs around his hips, desperate for him to enter me. With a thrust of his hips, he obliged and I let out a loud moan. He was relentless in his quest to make me a complete mess. I felt his movements become more erratic as he neared his own release and I clenched myself around him, throwing us both over the edge, moaning each other's names as we rode out our highs, panting. He finished and pulled out, rolling over and off of me, but with his arm wrapped around my shoulder, bringing me with him. I smiled sleepily as I nestled into his chest, breathing him in. He kissed my forehead and grabbed the comforter from where it got kicked to the end of the bed, covering us both as we fell asleep.

❤️❤️❤️

Happy Valentines Day! I know I said shit was gonna hit the fan but I wanted them to have this moment before it did. Next part will begin the events that happened during Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I know the timeline is a little off but it'll make sense for the events of the story moving forward.