[ Chapter 13 ]

Content Warnings:

•Mentions of Death
•Season 4 Spoilers
•Strong Language
•Fighting
•Ghosts
•Guns

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

This chapter is inspired by August Rush "August Rush (Piano Suite)" cover by "imstillwakingup."

Flashback

"Do you think Tristan will ever get married?" Quincy suddenly pondered out loud while you two stood by a river and casted your rods to catch some fish for dinner. Reeling in your line a bit so it wasn't too loose, you thought about the question. "I don't know. Its surprising enough he's even in a relationship to begin with. I figured he would marry his job before a person." You shrugged and waited for a bite on your hook. "True." Quincy agreed and kept quiet for a moment. "If he does, I better be his best man." He then spoke again. "Why?" You snickered and glanced at him. "I'm the best one in the family, duh." Quincy answered confidently but you rolled your eyes. "I'd like to believe 'ya on that." Your father sighed as he strolled behind you two, lugging a bucket and pole.

"Don't worry, quiche, you'll only be the best man by default. Since... I wouldn't qualify." You chuckled, only laughing louder at his annoyed face. "Hey! You two better quiet down and stop scaring away the fish!" Your father barked as he scooped water into the bucket. Keeping quiet per his request, you two decided to sit down and dangle your legs in the water for a bit. However, Quincy couldn't keep his own mouth shut for long enough. "Y/n, do you even like boys?" The older sibling questioned out of nowhere. "Pardon me?" You raised an eyebrow and gave him a look. "You know." He gave you a look back. "You've never had a boyfriend or showed any interest so it only makes sense to ask what your preferences are." He shrugged, defending his question. "I'm not answering." You sighed, finding the conversation pointless. "You make the male existence exhausting." You decided to add, unable to hold in a laugh. "That is not true." Quincy frowned.

"Can I ask you something, though?" You were so close to wringing his neck from the amount of talking he was doing but you restrained yourself. "Shoot me." You mumbled, deciding to get it over with instead. "How long is (dog's name) gonna live, anyway? You can tell, right? I mean, how couldn't you?" He sounded genuinely curious. With pursed lips, you sighed through your nose. "Q, I don't know that. I see the dead, not... all that extra stuff. I mean, I can guess little stuff but not to that extreme. Its all a coincidence, though." You answered truthfully, however, he didn't buy it. "You're a terrible liar." He stared at you with a blank face. "Don't even." His conversations were irritating you at that point.

Then, he got an idea on how to make you answer a question. "If I ask how long I'll live, you won't hesitate." He turned his gaze back to the water, waiting. "Six more years and that's generous." You replied nonchalantly but it was amusing. "See! You're awful!" Quincy accidentally exclaimed a bit too loudly. "Dammit, 'ya little fucker! 'Ya owe me a fish!" Your father growled from a few feet away after losing a bite. He reeled his line back in, incredibly furious with the boy. "You heard dad, you owe him a fish." You got up to stand behind your brother and quickly shoved him into the water. "Hey-!" Quincy shrieked as he fell in, causing a smack sound from impact. He was completely soaked when his head popped back up, causing both you and your father to chortle at him. "You're such an asshole, Y/n. That's why boys don't pay any attention to you." Quincy grumbled from the river but you could only laugh at his misfortune.