v.

☾ 🌞. ☽

After falling in a hole and getting flung like a ragdoll, the group found nami and the others.

while walking the group decided to look at the piece of paper ace gave lanky.

"hey luffy, so what was on that piece of paper ace gave you?" usopp asked.

"oh, nothing, it was completely empty!" luffy smiled and waddled on, unbothered. usopp turns to look at the rest of us with an eyebrow raised.

it must've been of some importance if ace had given it to him, alvena's guess was that it would either be of importance later on or ace's dumbass forgot to actually write anything on it. in any case, luffy had nami sew it to the ribbon of his hat so he wouldn't be able to lose it. now that alvena thought about it, she had never seen the captain of this funky crew without that thing and even once referred to the group as the "strawhat pirates." not that she had enough effort to ask anything about it, she'd guessed it was a gift from someone he loved or a childhood treasure of his.

☽timeskip☾

the group soon found "yuba". it was buried in sand. how tragic.

"vivi i thought this city was supposed to be some sort of oasis?" came zoros voice.

"it looks like the oasis has been swallowed up by sand and disappeared"

alvena felt empathy for the girl, this place seemed to mean a lot to her and seeing it like this couldn't have been easy. alvena had very little fucks to give about most things but she knew how this felt. how losing a place felt.

i could try to clean it up with my bending while everyone is asleep, she could use a bit of relief with this war.

"im assuming that you're travellers, you must be exhausted from all the time spent in that heat" said a gravely, mature voice. a man was in a deep hole in from of them, digging. how his old, obviously malnourished and dehydrated body managed, she had no idea.

"sorry but this town is a bit dryed up too, it doesn't have much relief to offer"

there is water here, i can feel it under us, deep under us. he is digging for water that must've been buried.

"but still you're free to rest here for a while" the mans smile came poking through dusty and worn cheeks as he kindly addressed the group.

alvena stayed long enough to hear about the man being someone from vivis childhood, but she decided 1: it wasn't her business- as an outsider, and 2: she just genuinely didn't care. she wandered off after that.

alvena wandered aimlessly around the sand buried city, eyes drooping at the effects this "crocodile" man had on this country. she didn't know everything but it vaguely reminded her of what happened to all the earth nation towns when the fire nation invaded.

alvena remembered killing. she wasn't born into the air nation and never thought who she had killed in her rage was unjustified. it may be twisted but she wanted to free the earth kingdoms people from her own and she knew it wouldn't happen without blood.

this is how aang and the others found her, aang had said he'd never forgive her for how many lives she took to save others. Katara had similar notions but they came to understand why she had done it. she was raised in the fire nation before realising she was an avatar, she was taught differently. thankfully, her time with them had taught her a bit more compassion but she would kill again if it meant protecting them.

alvena found a deep crater in the sand where she could feel water rushing and struggling under the weight of the sand. she sat down with her legs crossed and back straight and she tried to gather as much intel on where it ran and how much sand she was going to have to lift to try and recover the water.