Valentine!

"You are to guard the entire palace with your nen. The underground, the rooftop, everything. Am I understood?"

Pitou kneeled before Meruem with their head down, pretending like they didn't just get slapped moments ago.

"As you wish, my king. I'll let Pouf and Youpi know right away."

Meruem stared at Pitou, annoyed. "Good. You're excused."

Pitou began to stand up and headed for the door. After they left, Meruem let out a frustrated groan.

Everything has put him in a bad mood lately. The weather, the soldiers, the humans; don't even get him started on the Royal Guard. He was this close to snatching Pouf's violin and throwing it off the balcony.

Distracted by his thoughts, the king didn't even realize the loud knocking on the door.

Meruem grumbled. "What does that pesky cat want now?"

Meruem stormed over to open it.

"WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY.." he began to say. He stopped when he saw who it was; it was his playmate, Komugi.

Komugi noticed the annoyed tone in Meruem's voice. "Oh! Are you busy? I'm sorry if I interrupted! I can come back later!"

Guilt immediately hit the king. "No, no. It's ok. I'm not doing anything at the moment. I apologize for my tone of voice. How are you, Komugi? Are you here for a game?"

Komugi gave him a big smile. Meruem noticed that she had both of her hands behind her. Was she holding something?

"Are you carrying something behind you?" Meruem asked out of curiosity.

Komugi shyly turned her head to the left and slowly brought forward the secret item. It was.. a pink heart?

Confused, Meruem studied the item carefully.

"May I ask what this is, Komugi?"

Komugi continued to look to her side, unable to face the king.

"It's a-a box of chocolates! I, um, wanted to give you this as a way to show my ap-appreciation since today's Valentine's Day!"

"Valentine's... day?"

Komugi looked in the King's direction, surprised.

"You've never celebrated Valentine's Day? It's a nice holiday where you're able to show the people you care about how much you appreciate them!"

Meruem listened to every word Komugi said, wanting to learn more about this new holiday.

He took the box of chocolates and opened it. There were little chocolates that were decorated beautifully. They had tiny candy flowers, hearts, even sprinkles. He admired each one.

"Thank you, Komugi. This is a beautiful gift."

Komugi smiled from ear to ear, happy that Meruem liked his gift.

Meruem was still admiring the chocolates when it suddenly hit him.

"But Komugi," he started. "I'm very sorry, I didn't get you anything!"

Komugi giggled. "I don't mind! I'm just glad to know you're happy with the gift. That's all I need!"

Meruem shook his head. "Nonsense, you deserve only the best."

He looked around the room, hoping to find something that might make a good gift. His eyes immediately found something. He went over to one of the flower vases he had and picked out the prettiest rose there (making sure there were no thorns, of course.)

"Here." He handed the rose to Komugi, hoping she'd like it. "It's a rose. I hope you like it."

Komugi took the rose and smelled it. Excited, she gleefully gave Meruem a hug.

"I love it! Thank you Meruem!"

Meruem returned the hug, patting Komugi on the head.

"You know what?" He thought to himself. "Maybe today isn't so bad."

———————

———————

HELLO EVERYONE!

Thank you for waiting so patiently! Midterms has been so stressful and I've finally completely the first semester of school!

This is my first chapter EVER on Wattpad, so please let me know how I did!

All the art used here was made by the talented @pen.lilixeesketche on Instagram! Go check them out!

I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day and I'll see you next chapter (which I'll try to get out this week!) If you have any ideas for future chapters, feel free to leave them in the comments!

Bye! <3