Trip to the Marketplace!

The marketplace was an extremely crowded area; now more than ever due to the new season. People were busy trading goods, others were showing off their new crops to their competition; even the children were running around to look at everything.

It was so busy that no one noticed two strange figures walking about.

"I'm still not sure about this, Komugi." One of them said, keeping the hood of his cloak down to cover his face.

The other was leading him through the crowd of people. "Meruem, I know this place like the back of my hand. We just need to keep a low profile and we'll be fine! Don't worry."

Meruem took a peek at his surroundings. It was filled with joyous people who were simply doing their everyday tasks. It was a very unusual sight for him.

He kept staring until he felt Komugi come into a sudden halt.

"I'm sure this is it! It even smells the same after all this time!"

Meruem looked up to where Komugi was headed. It was a small bakery stand; it looked like it was being ran by a mother and her small child.

Komugi faced Meruem and smiled. "This is meant to be my gift to you, so no peeking! You can go explore the marketplace in the meantime, they have plenty of stores and treats you might enjoy! Come back in half an hour."

"Oh, sure. Just don't take too long, please."

Komugi gave him a little wave and walked off to the stand, leaving Meruem alone. He had to admit; being in an unknown place with unfamiliar people made him feel tense.

He began exploring the nearby stands. They were selling many things that he considered practically useless. One of them tried selling him a vase that was obviously broken. Another tried selling him clothing that was clearly eaten by moths. One even offered him jewels that were fake. (He would know, he had plenty of real gems back at the palace.)

The amount of fraud there nearly made him want to punch everyone in the face. But he couldn't attract attention to himself, so that was completely out of the question.

Meruem looked at a nearby clock. Before he knew it, it was nearly half an hour from when he last saw Komugi.

As he made his way back, he saw a cart
he didn't notice before. He figured he would give this one a shot because, why not?

The shop was ran by two women who kept yelling to promote their cart; it was in a language Meruem couldn't understand though.

One of them noticed Meruem come up and immediately got excited.

"Saludos, mi amigo! Cómo te puedo ayudar?"

Meruem kept quiet, unsure of what the lady just said. The second person of the cart noticed this and spoke to her partner.

"Florecita, no habla español!"

This Florecita lady nodded at the other women and looked back at Meruem.

"Ah! My apologies, bad habit of mine! What can I help you with?"

Meruem looked at their cart. They seemed to be selling all sorts of jewelry. Necklaces, bracelets, you know name it.

"This is a jewelry cart, yes?" he asked, just to make sure.

"Yes! We sell beautiful jewelry from all over the world! Most of them are from America!" The lady took out one of the many boxes that contained very sparkly jewelry. Meruem had to admit that they were very pretty.

He looked at a street clock again; it was super late now. Komugi must be waiting for him.

"Meeting up with someone?" The lady asked him.