Let's Get Leo - Part 2

(Ryans POV) 

"Spyder I need your mech-link." I said as we ran down the stairs in the robot.

"My mech-link?" He asks. "Why?"

"Leo's going to need a force field to get back." I said. "Also, um, if I don't make it back, would you tell Mark, that this is the most important thing ever to me and Kota, and I realize it makes more sense for her to do this but I could never let her when she's hurt, and tell him that..."

"Your sorry for being a jerk?" Spyder said.

"Yeah, wait I was a jerk?" I asked.

"I mean dude, we're sinking, you brought us to our watery grave." Spyder said. "Hey at least I'm doing it with friends." He handed me his mech-link. I nodded, and slowly stepped through the door that would lead to the ocean.

—————

(Dakotas POV)

I stood at the edge of the control pad, literally biting my nails, watching my best friend, who was also the same guy I like, swimming at the bottom of the ocean towards an underwater base to rescue a guy that neither of us have met, but who also has all the answers to what we want to know. What has my life come to?

It literally pains me knowing he was going when I could have gone instead. But it's not all bad because he wouldn't let me go because I'm hurt. Which was really cute. 

"The robot cant move until you restore full power." I heard Harris say through Marks mech-link. "Oop not there. Oh not there either. Cmon the outer armors getting crushed focus!"

"I am focused!" Mark yelled. "I'm focused on keeping Ryan safe and keeping us from drowning. Why doesn't he understand that?"

"You know I wanted to go instead but no." I said sarcastically. "We both know that it makes way more sense for me to be out there than him. If I was out there risking my life instead of him, and I were to die, at least you guys would still be able to make it home."

"Oh please you expect me to believe that's the reason you wanted to go with him." He laughed.

"And what do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Listen Dakota, I know you like him. I know you have feelings for my brother, and it would make my life a whole lot easier if you just got it together and told him." He snapped at me.

"Woah, woah whoa, slow down there." I said. "Listen, if you're going to question our friendship and if it goes beyond that, please do it on solid ground. You know when we aren't on the ocean floor minutes away from drowning." He smirked at me and said,

"So you're telling me you don't like him? Dakota, you can't even make eye contact with him anymore! Not to mention you should have seen your face when he said he was going out with his girlfriend instead of coming over to your house with the rest of us. I can't believe it took me this long to see it, I should have seen it forever ago, but I just kept ignoring all the signs that were staring me in the face." I pulled my self together and said,

"Listen he's my best friend, and he has a girlfriend he's happy with, I would never ruin that for him."

"Hm, funny, so notice how you still aren't trying to deny it? Would you at least make yourself useful and get me some electrical tape from downstairs." I glared at him as I climbed down the hatch to look for electrical tape.

"Look Mark, I get what you're going through." I could hear Harris say. "I mean Spyders been kind of a jerk to me all day, for no reason."

"Well he sort of has a reason." Mark said.