Chapter 11 - Cheer Up

Paxton stayed in his trance-like state until he was in front of the Price household. He sighed in relief as he could finally use his regular, human-like, muscles instead of his stronger, grotesque, beast-like muscles that he used to get here. He huffed and ran to the front door, almost breaking it off his hinges as he sprinted through the house to get to Sarah's room. He could sense that he had woken her up; he had heard the gasp that broke her lips as she sat up in bed, scared of the noise he had caused.

Throwing caution to the wind, he busted through her bedroom door and took in her slightly disheveled appearance. He stood frozen at her doorway in awe, almost like he was seeing her for the first time again. She was definitely a force to be reckon with. Her beauty radiated around her with the moonlight, hitting her perfectly.

"Paxton?" she called out timidly, pulling her blanket closer to her to try and console herself. He had broken into her room and he was looking at her as if she were something to eat and this indeed scared her. 

Her small voice had broken him out of his beast trance. Without any hesitation, Paxton went to her bed and sat down next to her legs, shaking in fear. He had witnessed death tonight and justice hadn't been served for the poor goat that lost its life. Paxton had seen Michael with another female in an automobile crush the poor animal almost in slow-motion and it had taken a toll on Paxton. 

Paxton was scared. His beast was likely to come out with these thoughts of death on his mind. The beast inside would take over and hurt the only thing he cared about in this unjust world.

"Hey, Paxton. Are you alright?" She called out to him once more. She didn't like seeing him this way; broken, helpless. Without thinking, she grabbed onto him, holding him close to her in an embrace. 

Paxton's beast calmed down. 

"It's okay, Paxton. I'm right here." Sarah cooed as she pet his head softly. "I'll help you through this, Paxton. Whatever is making you like this, I'll help you in defeating it. So don't cry, Paxton. You're going to make me cry." her voice shook towards the end. She continued to hold onto the crying boy, petting him softly to try and calm him down.

Paxton didn't realize he was crying until he saw the drops hit her pajama top. He clutched onto her as if she would disappear at any moment if he were to let go of her for one second. He didn't want to let Sarah go for anything.

It was at this moment that Paxton had chosen Sarah. 

She had calmed down his beast; a feat that no one could beat or ever would be able to. This was indeed a clear sign that his inner self had chosen her as well. 

Sarah was Paxton's as much as he was hers. 

Hey guys, I know it's not much, but I wanted to at least give you something for my long absence what with my family stuff happening. Over the past few weeks, my mother has been taking 4 blood transfusions that have all failed. She hasn't said anything about it, so I have to keep up this front that I know nothing. This has caused several disputes in my house; me jumping onto my sister to keep her bratty self away from my mom and yelling at my step dad whenever he turns into a jerk. 

She seems healthy right now, and even got a promotion for her work that wil start letting her stay home and work a year from now. 

I truly want to thank everyone for all your prayers and support over the past few weeks and I want you all to know how blessed I feel that I have you guys here. I apologize for leaving you all so abruptly but I'm still here!

It may look like it, but it's not the end for this book, I promise! I still have many things to throw at you all! I wanted to give you some filler so I could tell you that I'm okay and that I'm trying to watch over my mom right now so please be patient with me, guys!

Vote and comment!