Prologue

My name is Sugawara Koshi, and I'm trans. Not many people know this. The few people who know are my mother and Takeda-sensei. Not that it was on purpose.

My parents are actually very supportive. Well, my dad was before he died. He had a rare genetic infection that runs in my family. But I try not to think about it or mention it because it upsets my mom.

She is okay with me binding, but we don't have the greatest money situation so we can't afford a binder. So I'm using tape for the meantime. It hurts like hell, I have some pretty big scars and bruises. But it's worth it to have a somewhat likable body. I have a job, so I split my paychecks. Save a quarter of it for money for a binder, and the rest for helping my mom with rent and groceries.

I wouldn't say I want my team to know, but I don't necessarily want them to not know. I had too many problems with people to not have bad trust issues. So for now, it's just my mom and Sensei.

I am a 17-year-old male, with silver hair and brown eyes with a little beauty mark on my left cheek. I'm not too tall, but I'm definitely not short. I play volleyball for my school Karasuno. I love my teammates and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for them.

Though, there is this one boy. His name is Daichi, he's the captain of the team. He has such a way with words, that makes my heart beat furiously and my face goes the deepest shade of red whenever we talk. I tell my mom about him all the time. My few friends that know just laugh at me, saying I'm too chicken to ask him out... It hurts, but they aren't wrong.