25. Shinga's Downfall

Having learnt the truth about Aya and her history with Hades Night, the Gegga Tribes and Yuzuki were determined to help her. However, a news about about Shinga's end changed everything. An assassin from Hades Night ambushed them and tried to kill them, but failed. Now setting on a journey to a new world where their questions will be answered.

●●●●●

Third POV:

Ranmaru flew everyone acrossed Shinga, but landed halfway through the journey through Aya's order. They would be spending the last few hours of the night camping near a stream so Ranmaru could rest. There were no problems during the flight, so they came further than they thought. Occasionally, patching up any cracks along the way to buy some time. So that means if this continues in the next evening, they'll arrive at The Wizened Woods in no time.

"Hey, Aya-chan, do you ever remembered this place when you visited Shinga when you were younger?" Hanbee asks as he sits beside her by a tree.

"Mmm... To be honest, not really." Aya sheepishly admits. "I was mostly unconscious during most of the visits. All I can remember was the path in the old forest."

"Well, now you finally get to go home." Ranmaru said, walking over to them and sat beside Aya's other side. "Everyone must be worried about you."

"Yeah!" Aya smiles. "And you two get to see them too!" She jumps up and down before settling herself on her spot again. "But there might be a one or two members you won't recognised, because they recently joined two or three years back." She adds.

"When you say new members, I can't wait to meet them." Hanbee giggles.

The two were keeping the child busy while the others were setting up the camp. They brought tents, foods, and of course their weapons and maps.

"Hey, what are the other members of the Emiko clan like?" Sasuke wonders out loud as he sets up a tent. "I mean, we met those two in Toyotomi's forest. So what are the other members like?"

"That's actually a good question." Kagemochi points out. He and the other Uesugi vassals finished setting up the tents for their army. "The Emiko clan is known for unlocking spiritual powers and being one with the dead. But what exactly are their powers and how is it combined to their personality?" Kagemochi asks as he looks at the child.

Aya laughs a little and looks at the starry sky. "Well, since I know all about you, I guess it's fair if you know something about my clan." She takes out her terminal and turns it on.

Yuzuki gasps at the object. "You have a smartphone?!"

"Could you not yell?" Aya glares.

"I'm s-sorry..." Yuzuki said.

"What's a smart - pone?" Sasuke asks.

"Smartphone. It's a device that has many functions like a computer. Typically having a touchscreen interface, internet access, and an operating system that let's you download apps." Yuzuki explains as simple as she could.

But the look on everyone's faces suggest they didn't quite understand anything what Yuzuki just said.

"You've lost them." Aya deadpans. "A 'smartphone' or what I call a 'terminal' is a device that can perform many things." She explains. She shows them her terminal.

 She shows them her terminal