Here Comes The Bride

(A/N hi everyone, feel free to give me prompts in the comments! It would be greatly appreciated) 

Delia stared at herself in the mirror. She adjusted her dress for the fourteenth time (Lydia was counting in her head). "Do you think the skirt is too long?" she asked worriedly. "Is the dress too much?" 

"I don't think anything could be too much for you, Delia," Lydia replied, looking her up and down. The dress was white, covered in sequins and lace, and mermaid-style, with a long train. She had to admit it. This was the perfect dress for Delia to wear tonight, when she was finally going to marry Lydia's father. 

Barbara was helping Delia fasten her veil, which was longer than the dress. She stepped back to admire it. "Delia, you look beautiful," she assured the nervous bride. 

Adam, who was sitting in the back of the room watching everything go down, nodded supportively. "I only wish Barbara and I had looked this good at our wedding," he quipped. When Barbara shot him a look, he added, "Kidding!" 

Delia sighed and glanced at the two of them. "I can't believe I'm having ghosts come to my wedding," she said with a smile. 

"You wouldn't be the first one," Adam pointed out, and all three of them looked at Lydia, who groaned. 

"Don't bring that up. Ever again." 

"Besides, Adam, she married a demon," Barbara reminded her husband. 

He held up his hands. "It's the same thing!"

"Excuse me?" Delia called to them. "Can we not talk about demons at my wedding? Thank you, guys." She ran her hands over the dress and stared back into the mirror. She needed to make sure that she looked perfect. The comments from her ghost friends and her stepdaughter were helpful, but she was still anxious. She just wanted everything to go well. According to her crystals, the day was looking good. 

Adam put his feet up on the table in front of him. "I don't think I've been to a wedding since I was alive," he remarked. "This is going to be great!" 

"I hope so," Delia whispered, fanning out her veil. She turned around and reached for a peanut from the bowl on Adam's table, but Lydia grabbed it from her before she could take one. 

"You can't eat anything right now!" Lydia told her. "I don't want you to get nervous and throw up while you're walking down the aisle." 

"I'm not going to throw up," Delia argued, but the thought of it made her queasy and she wondered if she actually might. 

While all that was going on, nobody noticed Charles in the doorway until he spoke. "Is everyone ready? Oh, Delia, your dress is stunning." 

Delia whirled around to face him with a gasp. "You can't be in here!" she shrieked, holding her dress up with one hand and trying to shoo him out of the room. "It's bad luck if the groom sees the bride in her dress before the wedding!" 

Charles backed up, his eyes wide. "Honey, are you sure about that? It's just superstition." 

"Well, I take superstition very seriously. Especially on my wedding day!" She fanned herself with one hand. "Oh, no. I'm getting bad vibrations. Everybody out!" 

Startled, the rest of the family made it out of the dressing room before Delia slammed the door on them. Lydia glared at Charles. "Why would you do that?" she hissed. "You know her. She's practically religious about this stuff!" 

"I was just checking if you were ready," he whispered back, glancing at the door. "She'll be fine in time for the wedding, won't she?" 

"We'll make sure of it," Barbara interjected. "You just... go and get yourself far away from here." She gave him a pointed look.