Chapter 9:: What if

Author's POV:

"Then Mina and Y/N can sleep in one room, Mrs Kim and I will sleep in one room while the 3 men sleep in another room." Your mom said as you nodded saying, "Right." 
"It's already 4 pm. Let's freshen up and get some rest. We can start travelling and visit mother's grave tomorrow since it's her death anniversary." Mrs Kim spoke as you all nodded going to your rooms. 

Some time passed by and now everyone was in the living room. You were constantly touching your cheeks making everyone look at you confused.
"What's wrong with your cheeks?" Junho asked as you said, "I used a very expensive moisturizer. I'm checking if it works." Junho sighed rolling his eyes as you frowned at him before looking away. Mina squished your cheeks saying, "Dry as always."
"Huh? I bought such an expensive one." You said sulking as Mrs Kim chuckled saying, "Eating a lot of fruits and drinking water is a natural remedy."
"Everyone says that." You said as your mom replied, "Because it's the best way."

"What should we have for dinner?" Mrs Kim asked as your father said, "I think the house caretaker is buying groceries for us." 
"Yeah. I sent him a list of things we'll need throughout the week. But if anyone needs anything additional, tell him, okay?" Mrs Kim spoke as you all nodded.
"Y/Nah and Mina, it's your first time joining us in Daegu right?" Mrs Kim asked as you nodded.
"Yeah... The last time you all came here, I was at Berlin University. I was supposed to come but I became sick." You rolled your eyes as your mother chuckled saying, "It's been 4 years since you're back yet you rarely met with Mrs Kim. If I'm being honest, it's weird how she was never in the interactions we've had. She lives with us, yet she's so detached from people. The last time she was with us 3 years ago was when she came back for vacation." 

"Not my fault!" You said as your father chuckled.
"Before you went to Berlin, we all didn't have much interaction. That's true... it mostly started after Noona went to berlin because I and Taehyung ended up in the same University at that time. So, we became closer with time. But still, we couldn't meet up other than at University. And right after Noona moved out, Mrs Kim and Taehyung moved closer to our neighbourhood." Junho said as you sighed.
"So funny. As if they're like two magnets with the same side. Avoiding each other all the time." Mina spoke as you scoffed. Taehyung chuckled saying, "But it's good to have Noona here." 

You looked at him before looking away. Mina eyed you two and chuckled. Hours passed by and soon it was dinner time. You all sat down setting the dining table. Pork belly, beef, rice, ramyeon. The menu was endless. You all also got some soju to enjoy the night. 
"Yum! Mrs Kim's cooking is the best as always!" You said as she chuckled saying, "Mrs Kim again?"
"Sorry- I meant, Eomeonim." She smiled at you before putting a piece of pork belly on your bowl of rice saying, "Eat up!" She gave one to Mina as well. She thanked her while eating. 

"Cheers!" You all said clinking your soju glasses and drinking up. You coughed a little saying, "It tastes bitter."
"Does Noona not like drinking?" Taehyung asked as Junho said, "She is such a bad drinker. She gets drunk with just 2 shots. So she never drinks more than one shot. And she coughs so much when she drinks. You saw all that in the karaoke, didn't you?" Taehyung chuckled looking at you. 
"How did she even survive in Berlin through that?" Mrs Kim asked as you smiled saying, "Superpowers!" making everyone chuckle.

---After dinner

"Let's go take a walk, Y/Nah!" Mina spoke as you looked at the time. 7:00 pm. You nodded getting up wearing your coat as you said, "Let's go!" 
"Where are you both going?" Your father asked as you replied, "Taking a walk."
"Where are Taehyung and Junho?" Mrs Kim asked as Mina replied, "Probably in the backyard clowning around."
"They act like enemies for life but can't even live without each other." Your mom said making you all laugh. You and Mina got out walking on the road.
"Woah! Daegu is nice~" You said smiling as she nodded while holding your hand as she spoke, "Honestly, I'm glad I tagged along. Seoul doesn't have this beautiful calm scenery."