Waiting for Clem

'How do you start your morning? I start by waiting by the train station, I chase the train when it gets close. I do this all because I'm waiting for my best friend Clementine, she prefers Clem but I like to annoy her.'

I dropped my pencil and closed my notebook. I put all of my things in my small emerald green bag. I stood up and leaned a bit on the the tracks of the train to see if I could find Clem. Unfortunately, I think her train is late. I've been waiting 20 minutes more than I usually have to. I stood back and ran my hands down my skirt of my black dress and flattened the white Peter Pan collar.

I sat down again and put my hand under my chin, and my elbow on my knee. Just waiting, I considered taking my notebook out to right for my little novel but I heard a train.

Clem...

I started running, but it was hard to do so in my brown fake leather boots and black dress. Clem has been gone since last week because of her part time job she rented an apartment so she didn't have to go home so late. But, she was finally coming home.

I ran when I heard someone call my name. "Gale!" Clem yelled. I looked up at the train right next to me, I wanted to do something I've only done once, it was dangerous but I would do anything for Clementine.

I leaped onto the tracks and sprinted up to the train, jumping onto the back of it. Clem, looked surprised since I told her the last time I did it, it was too dangerous and I was never going to do it again.

I opened the emergency door and hugged, Clem. People stared at us confused as to why we missed each other so much. But then they started clapping. Now I was confused.

*******************************
Walking home was fun but it was also partly against the rules of Deanville.

Rule one: never cross the boundaries. Deanville was the safest place in the area. It was safer to stay than leave.

Rule two: go to sleep before 9.

Rule three: never leave your house from 12 A.M.-6 A.M.

Rule four: never try to swim, no matter how old you are you cannot swim it is too dangerous. 56 years ago four children died because they fell into the deepest lake. Now they are all gated off expect for one of them, Demise Lake, it was to big for our town construction to block off.

Rule five: no taking walks without a friend.

The list goes on and on but those are the only ones that actually stuck in my mind.

"So, where do you wanna go?" Clementine questioned. "There." I said pointing to a tall tree,"we should climb it."

A lot of walking later we finally stopped in front of the very tall tree. It had very dark, thick brown branches, and beautiful bright green leaves. It was very tall and thick.

As we climbed to the top I was getting scared, I'm not afraid of heights but I'm afraid of falling out of trees. I had horrible luck when I was five."Clem, slow down your too fast for me." I complained."Stop being so dramatic, it's beautiful up here, you can see all over town." She told me. This I had to see.

I quickly climbed to the top scratching my arms on the branches, but Clem was right it was beautiful. The grass was perfectly green even though summer was coming to an end. The flowers were mostly perfect and colorful but a few of them were dying. Way up here they looked like paint splattered on a canvas, a green canvas. The only thing was the rivers and lakes were blocked off.

"We should go," Clem said," it's almost seven-thirty. We don't want to be late for dinner."

*******************************
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Deanville. I came up with this idea because of the song 'City Is at War' by Cobra Starship. You may not understand why I was inspired by that song yet, but you will later. Also, the outfit in the picture is the outfit Gale wore in this first chapter. If you wanna see more beautiful vintage clothing follow me on Pinterest: @TheWalkinPotato anyway thank you for reading!

-Grace