604,800 seconds

The past week has been...

Lonely...

Comfort less...

Companion less...

Unsocial...

Withdrawn...

I seem very overreactive but I've never been this alone in my life. I feel terrible for what I said to Clem, I'm a terrible friend and she'll probably never forgive me...

*******************************
Clementine

604,800 seconds...

10,080 minutes...

168 hours...

7 days...

1 week...

Gale and I have been friend, forever. I've sort of moved on. I've met new people, I imagine Gale has, too. I have a boyfriend. We bonded over art. His name is, Tobias (I don't care for Divergent, I just really like this name). He's cheered me up and made me think beyond the present. She'll probably come back.. Or at least I hope. She's the only one of us who has the courage to break the rules, and her parents rules.

"Are you okay?" Tobias asks me with a worried look in his gorgeous brown eyes. "Fine." I said avoiding his eyes. He knew I was upset. "Look, Clem, Gale will come around. She's your best friend. You're like sisters. I never knew her but, you talk about her all the time. I can tell you miss her and I bet she sure as hell misses you." He said patting my shoulder assuring me. "First off, don't swear, you sound like a boy from some kind of gang. And second, what if she doesn't come back?"

"Then she's not a true friend."

"You're perfect." I told him finally looking into his brown eyes. "You always know what to say."

"Trust me, Clementine. I'm anything but perfect." He said kissing my forehead.

"But thanks for the compliment."

*******************************
Gale

Thump thump thump. My entertainment has come to throwing a multi-colored bouncy ball at the wall of my bedroom. I miss Clementine, I miss being able to leave the house without my parents being with me. "Okay. This is depressing." My mother said as she swung open the door. "You look almost none living. We are going out to dinner. And you'll have some time to socialize with some people."

"Fine."

"Get ready, we're leaving in twenty minutes."

I got up from my perch on my bed, looking in my closet. After a lot of consideration I finally found a cream, lace dress. I paired them with some white beaded heals.

*******************************
Clementine

"You need to get out." Tobias told me walking across my kitchen thinking what to do. "Let's...go on a date. To dinner."

"Are you sure I'm ready for social interaction?" I said sarcastically given that he won't let me leave my apartment because I could entirely freak out at something that reminds me of Gale. "Come on..." he whined. "Okay, fine."

*******************************
Meanwhile at dinner, I saw someone, she looked a lot like Gale. She had bright red hair and it was very long. She wore a cream lace dress with white beaded heels. Which was entirely her style.

Deciding to ignore it I went back to the menu. In between looking at the menu I was glancing at the girl. I eventually started to panic, what if it was Gale? What would I do if it was? "You, okay?" Tobias asked noticing my panicked expression. "Ummm...I'm, just gonna go to the bathroom." I quickly got up and sprint to the bathroom, clutching my hands on the sides of the countertop. Swing. A stall door opened. It was her, it was the girl, it was Gale.
*******************************
Haha, I'm evil again! Sorry not sorry. I did this to torture you all, well, not all of you mostly Thewalkingkelp

This I am sorry about, it's a very short chapter, but I needed to end here. It's just a perfect cliffhanger. Well, goodbye for now!

-Grace