CHAPTER 1

DAMI'S POV

I had a bad feeling in my gut as I took the long way to the council meeting room, I could care less about such meetings but apparently the letter requesting my presence had the seal of three members on the council which meant I could not excuse myself. I really didn't want to attend the meeting, in fact I had to force myself to be civil when I'm surrounded by fools plotting to over throw even a more dense ruler like the princess. She basically let them make all the decisions, being controlled like a puppet. Therefore I had no respect for her whatsoever. I finally got to the door that leads to the council meeting room; I took a deep breath and braced myself to ignore the old bastard as much as possible.

Who was I kidding; I could never ignore them not peacefully at least. Four of them were present here, the Royal Advisor; Lord Cedric who represented the humans, then Lord Bryon who represented the shifters; Lord Hagar represented the spirit born and Lady Astrid who represented the witches. The positions for the elves and the priestess were obviously empty, same in all the other kingdoms. They were wiped out years back before the peace declaration; they were by far the most powerful and dangerous to walk the realms. The elves were rumoured to be so powerful they created the first witch, you see the first witch as a mere human who wanted to be special have a little more than normal, so he sought out the elves who agreed to share a little of their power with conditions that he could only birth another witch as long as his partner was human, so he agreed. He went on to have four children with his human wife who carried the power of the four elements in their blood but could only utilize the power of one element as major, and so witches were born.

We all took our seats, while we waited for "Her Royal Highness" to arrive, I mean she was so well coordinated and it's a shame really that someone so beautiful would not be able to make decision herself, instead she depended on these selfish bald men to help her run the kingdom. I really had so much pity for her but I could never interfere with politics .Finally she waltzed in, looking as beautiful as ever, the emerald green she wore brought out her beautiful green eyes. She always looked like an enchantress to me, curves in all the right places and the airy light feeling she always carried around her. Her smile was just heaven and her voice was so soft, sometimes I would catch myself thinking of how's she's curved in all the right places and to think this pretty little thing was powerless and unable to protect her crown from real dangers like her council was a bit saddening and unfair. I might have sounded obsessed but I'm just really an admirer of beauty when I see it and she was it. That said she so graciously decided to grace us with her presence, she was light hearted as usual but I could tell she was more stiff than all the times I've previously seen her, while I droned on about how the recent war was and basically reporting the event.

I was rather rudely cut off by Lord Hagar and Lord Bryon with a blunt suggestion of getting the Princess married off, according to them the Princess needed a man to help her rule during this war. My eyes rose to meet the Princesses face and her playful demur faltered just for a bit, but I clearly caught it. She smiled at them too nicely to be genuine and at this point it's safe to say I learnt more about the Princess than I ever did since I've known her, I could see the strain in her smile and that was my cue to step in before things went too far. I decided to speak up "Lord Bryon, Lord Hagar with all due respect, the army is in good hand, my hands, unless you mean to tell me I'm incompetent at my job and besides, if it were ever to be considered who will be the suitor, not just anyone could get to ask for the Princesses hand more over marry her. We are at war and we don't need to be throwing parties at this time, needless to say it's a bland suggestion.

I finished my rant and quieted down, the smug looks on their faces was more than enough to tell me it won't be pushed aside. Lord Bryon looked at me then back at the Princess before speaking up "the council has decided that the Princess gets to choose a suitor that has made a name and is loved by the people, the closest suitors to this ranks would be one of the councils sons, they'd understand responsibility and are the closest to the Princess in terms of status. Benjamin for one is a child hood friend of her highness and things could build up from there, he finished smugly with the other council heads nodding in approval. This was his grand scheme and the Princess was so dim witted she agreed to everything he said he had the same assurance that things would not be different this time .

Enjoy!!!