Chapter 2

Aliya's pov

I heard them quite alright but as of now I am trying to hold back from lashing at them, it would be too much of a drastic change in the well chiselled personality I've built just for this purpose. They sat down smiling smugly on their fat asses and waited for my response, I had to speak up now but I was still too angry to think rationally. After about a minute of composing myself I gave them the brightest smile I had and was just about to speak before I was cut off by the ranting of the war commander, for some reason I felt just a little tiny bit of relief that he wasn't among this notorious plan, I would hate to have the best war commander against me when I decide to change things up later.

"lord Byron, lord Hagar pardon me but I fail to understand why the sudden push to marry me off, besides Benjamin is like a brother and I will pick a suitor at my own time and pace, like the commander said the kingdom runs just fine without a king so why the rush I questioned"

He smiled toothily at me and I knew he had some other card up his sleeves. "Your highness you are of age and the kingdom needs to secure an heir, we are at perilous times and we need to take precautions" he replied smugly

I was beyond angry at this point and they were going to be at the receiving end of my anger.

"If so then why should I marry Benjamin, he might be closer to my status but he's obviously inexperienced in matters concerning wars. How many victories has he won for the kingdom, he has never attended war council meetings and honestly he's not a right fit for me, I'll pick someone else who I feel is worthy". I could see Lord Hagar boiling with rage but I just couldn't care.

"Fine then since you're so picky why not marry the war commander, his single and must meet your highness's standards" he said sarcastically

I paused and thought about it for a moment, "Yes, why not, the commander is obviously more skilled than Benjamin and has enough military power to be on my level, its set I'll marry the war commander" I stood up and walked out.

"things spiralled out of control so fast, this was definitely not a part of my plan and even now while I walk down the corridor to my wing I was already in deep regret, Benjamin was a nice young man and I could have been able to control him but his father lord Byron on the other hand wants to get as much power in his hands as possible and placing Benjamin as his pawn there was the perfect strategy. I was a little bit happy knowing he wasn't expecting to meet any resistance from young innocent me that knew nothing. My little joy was short lived as I heard footsteps behind me making way hurriedly, it was probably the war commander trying to gloat and honestly I wasn't really in the mood to listen to the old buffoon. Oh heavens what have I gotten myself into, I agreed to marry a man that doesn't even show his face to the world, always wearing that mask, did he ever take it off? I'm in a heap of shit and I don't know how to get out of it, there was no use being nice to him" I kept rambling in my thoughts as I turned to speak to him.

"This is merely an inconvenience, you are an inconvenience and with time you would come to understand your place in this kingdom" I said as I turned to him

She knew she sounded heartless but she didn't need any man telling her what to do. She has worked so hard to prove her worth in this kingdom; she never wanted to feel powerless again. She didn't need an ego ridden man that would come and destroy all she worked to build. In a world where magic was supreme and folktales were very much real, she was punished with the fate of being normal.

She spun on her heels and began to step away from the kingdoms bravest knight, he was said to be a monster on the battlefield and more so between the sheets. Disgust rose in her throat as she pictured it, she would never let a man touch her more over one who constantly showed favor to numerous women, so she heard anyways.

No one ever really knew anything about him, his origin was mysterious as well as his warriors. Supposedly they were handpicked by him personally and they were rumored to keep a tight lip between themselves. No information leaked out of their camp, they were the kingdoms most treasured knights. There were more than a hand full of mages within their ranks, some said there were shifters of all kinds and even a witch but no one could really confirm this information.

She never wanted to deal with some one that was so dangerous, she could hardly stand him during war council meetings and now the thought of getting united in marriage was more appalling than what she could ever think.

She began to walk towards the west wing of the castle, she needed to get to her chambers and rest her head.

Hi people

Enjoy!!!