Chapter 3

HER REIGN

ALIYA'S POV

"This is merely an inconvenience, you are an inconvenience and with time you would come to understand your place in this kingdom" Aliya said...

She knew she sounded heartless but she didn't need any man telling her what to do. She has worked so hard to prove her worth in this kingdom; she never wanted to feel powerless again. She didn't need an ego ridden man that would come and destroy all she worked to build. In a world where magic was supreme and folktales were very much real, she was punished with the fate of being normal.

She spun on her heels and began to step away from the kingdoms bravest knight, he was said to be a monster on the battlefield and more so between the sheets. Disgust rose in her throat as she pictured it, she would never let a man touch her more over one who constantly showed favour to numerous women, so she heard anyways.

No one ever really knew anything about him, his origin was mysterious as well as his warriors. Supposedly they were handpicked by him personally and they were rumoured to keep a tight lip between themselves. No information leaked out of their camp, they were the kingdoms most treasured knights. There were more than a hand full of mages within their ranks, some said there were shifters of all kinds and even a witch but no one could really confirm this information.

She never wanted to deal with some one that was so dangerous, she could hardly stand him during war council meetings and now the thought of getting united in marriage was more appalling than what she could ever think.

She began to walk towards the west wing of the castle, she needed to get to her chambers and rest her head.

DAMI'S POV

She walked away; well I wasn't really hopeful from the beginning. I mean I didn't need a royal brat keeping tabs on me especially now when I was so close, my mission was almost over. I just needed to complete the task as soon as possible and I expected her to do much worse than put me down. I didn't need the kingdoms wealth I had more money than the kingdom could put together. There was a reason the north empire was one of the strongest, I made sure to up our battle game. Over the years I worked in the shadows, I only came to the spotlight a few years back, 28 years back I think; as my mission was drawing to a conclusion I had to make sure I had things firmly in place. I really don't know how long I've lived maybe 786 years now; I'm not really keeping count. I was basically immortal and that in its self was a risk, there were a handful of immortals as of now. If people found out who I really was then I would be a walking target. This marriage was not a part of my plan but I had to work with an alternative plan as of now, just in case the marriage holds.

**************************************************************

Enjoy!!!