grandpa and grandma.

As always, the whole family woke up late for the airport.

But, as always, they miraculously made it onto the flight.

Asteria got the window seat. Luke sat next to her in the middle seat. Calum in the end seat. Then, in front of them, Apollo got the window seat, Michael got the middle, and Ashton got the end.

The flight was moderate.

Asteria watched a ton of movies, read a lot, and thought about Casper.

When they landed, they all trudged off the airplane into the Sydney air and Asteria inhaled slightly. It was warm already, but not as warm as it would be in a few months.

"Okay, I love you," Luke said, hugging his niece. "We will see you tonight at dinner."

Asteria gently pulled away from her uncle, smiled. "I love you too. I will see you at dinner."

The 3 uncles walked away from Michael, Asteria and Apollo. Apollo held Asteria's hand as they trudged out of the airport.

"Where is Grandma's car?" Apollo asked, looking around for a familiar car.

"Grandma bought a new car, remember?" Asteria laughed, ruffling her brother's hair as they walked down the pick up. Then, their names were called.

Michael laughed immediately when Asteria and Apollo ran full speed at their grandparents. They were always one of their favorite family members.

"Munchkin 1 and 2!" Daryl Clifford laughed, wrapping his arms around Asteria who buried her face into his shoulder. "How are you? You've grown! How tall are you now?"

Asteria laughed and pulled away. "Like. I don't know, really. I'm good, Grandpa! How are you?"

"I'm good, Aster," Daryl laughed and kissed her on the head. "Come on. Let's go home."

Daryl and Karen Clifford's house is a wonderful home. 3 stories excluding the attic and basement. It was Michael's childhood house where he spent nearly 7 hours a day practicing medicine once he was done with school.

Asteria walked in last with her Grandpa who was talking about his fishing trips.

"And I got this weird fish, not sure of the name of course, But— Are you okay, Pumpkin?"

Asteria looked up from the concrete they were walking on and got stopped by her Grandpa. She met his eyes. Of course she was okay, she knew she was, but something just felt wrong.

She inhaled. "I'm okay, Grandpa."

Daryl Clifford knew better than to push. So he nodded, kissed her forehead and let her into the house while he unloaded the rest.

She walked to her Dad and Grandma. They were talking intensely, but stopped when she approached.

"Hi baby," Michael gave her a side hug gently. "What are you thinkin' about for dinner?"

Giving him an odd look, she shook her head. "Not sure. What are you thinkin?"

"Bacon Potato soup? My specialty?"

Asteria happily agreed. But something that night was holding her down, like the atmosphere was just— odd. She wasn't sure what it was, but she sure as shit was going to find out what it was.