Chapter 1

Aaron

It was all a lie.
  The love she had for me all of it my childhood best friend.
     Who I haven't talked too in years the person who I let in the person who knows all my secrets all my pain was getting married to a man who wasn't me.

     I crumble up the invitation and throw it has hard as I can off the roof and I watch it slowly hit the ground as a car tramples it over.

        The nerve she has after 3 years of completely ignoring me she invites me to her wedding she was my best friend the person I spent all my time with a person who came into my life when no one else would the only person I could ever say I truly trusted but now all I can say about her is there's no one in this world I hate more than her and when you have a father like mine that says a lot.      

       I just turned 25 and started my job as a Nero surgeon yesterday my life was finally turning around then as she does she had to ruin everything. I put my hands on the ledge and lean over thinking about everything Should I go? Maybe if I went I could be at peace and stop thinking about her how she ruined my life and never to trust anyone ever again.     

          The roof access door bursts open and my friend James comes through it "Hey man did you get the invite too?" He asks "Yeah I did" I say I take a chair and spin it then sit down and manspread I roll up my sleeves revealing two tattoos roses and vines going up my arms and a butterfly tattoo on the back of my left hand "I'm sorry" he says "What for?" I say "You were best friends and you sort have loved her and she's getting married" he says "I couldn't give a shit that she's getting married James" I say "Stop lying to yourself you loved Natalie" he says "Fuck off I don't give a shit about her" I say I stand up and push the chair in "Aaron" he says "Don't 'Aaron' me asshole" I say "See you at work tomorrow" he says "Yeah whatever" I say.

      I walk towards the door and push it open and walk to my apartment I fumble with the key until I get my door open then I yank the key out and put it on the hallway table I head towards the bathroom once I'm in there I close the door then look into the mirror I have a sharp jawline like my father and brown hair like my mother and light skin everyone says I'm very masculine and dark blue eyes she used to call them ''Ocean blue'' everything about myself I hate everything I wish I could just cut off.