Chapter 11

Aaron

         I turn up the water as high as I can and watch my skin turn red all this all of it everything that is happening to her reminds me of what happened to me what my father did to me. I turn off the water and step out wrapping a towel around my waist I put both my hands on the sink and lean into it and I look into the mirror at myself I take a deep breath and slam my palms against the sink it makes a sound louder than I wanted "Are you alright" Natalie says concerned I don't answer the door peers open

       "I'm fine" I say she leans against the door "You sure" she says "I'm ok" I say with a nod "Now I have to get dressed so can you leave" I say she laughs then she steps out and shuts the door I slide on black sweatpants and my white shirt and go back out of the bathroom.

        I sit on the edge of the bed and pull myself up until I rest my head on the head broad I look at the tv 'Grey's anatomy' Is playing "Is that the show where the doctors sleep with each other in the on call rooms" I say "It's not all about sex" she says "That's all James talks about when he talks about the show" I say "How is James" she says turning her head over to look at me "He's good" I say "Got a girlfriend?" She says I chuckle "Boyfriend" I say she smiles "What about you?" She asks.

         "No" I say we stay quiet and just watch tv for a while "You doing ok?" I ask "Not really I loved him and he hurt me and it still hurts" she says "I'm here for you" I say "You hate me" she says "I don't hate you I was just hurt when you left" I say I told her the truth I lied to myself for so long. "Where am I staying" she says "With me" I say "Two beds?" She asks "One and one couch" I say "I'm tired" she says "Go to bed" I say "I can't I'm scared He'll find me or I'll see him when I close my eyes" she says "The door is dead bolted I payed with cash and I'm here" I say "Ok" she says she crawls under the covers and falls asleep after a while.

      I want to stay up to watch but I fall asleep too.