Chapter 23

Aaron

         "That's my fucking chocolate" Nat says taking the bag of small chocolate pieces "Damm women" he says "Where have you two been" He says "Out" I say.

         "I hope you both know you're terrible liars you have hickeys all over your neck" he says "Fine we were in a parking lot but that doesn't explain why you're on my couch" Natalie says.

        "I need to talk to both of you" he says "Talk" I say "I purposed to Xander and we are getting married next week on Wednesday and I wanted you to be my best man and you can be one of the bridesmaids" he says to us "Congrats man" I say Natalie hugs James as he stands up "Congrats" she says "Ok you want to celebrate get some drinks and I'll have water" I say when Natalie looks at me "No I was thinking mall?" he says "Ok. Tomorrow?".

       I ask "Yeah" he says his phone rings "I gotta go" he says he leaves then I lock the door "It's about time" I say "He's a good guy perfect for James" she says "He is" I say "You need a bookshelf" I say "I do"
She says with a laugh.

        "You're beautiful I don't think I tell you that enough" I say "You do. You remind me every minute of every day" she says wrapping her arms around the back of my neck I put my hands on her waist "That's not enough I should be reminding you every second" I say "Is that right" she says with a laugh.

            She kisses me I kiss her back "You're beautiful" I say "You're very handsome" she says "I love you" I say "I love you. I've been meaning to talk to you about something" she says "I'm all ears, love" I say "I need to go back to Baltimore to see my mom and I want you to come because I know I'll run into Marcus because he still works at my moms law firm" she says

        "She still lets him work there" I snap "Sorry" I say "It's fine. But besides being a abusive asshole he is a good lawyer" she says "He so much as looks at you wrong and I'll kill him" I say "I know you will" she says she kisses me we go to the bedroom.

         I take off my shirt and jeans and change into black sweatpants she stays in her underwear set I crawl under the blanket with her and put my arm around her and pull her close "When do you want to leave" I ask "Tomorrow night stay until Monday and it's Monday now" She says I bury my head into her neck "Ok" I say.

        "Can you wear that hoodie tomorrow" I say "Why" I ask "Because it's starting to smell like me I want it to smell like you" she says "Ok I'll wear it tomorrow" I say "Ti voglio Bene" I whisper "anch'io ti amo" she says I smile sightly and hug her tighter. I wake up when a pillow hits my head "Good morning" I say "Get up asshole" Natalie says I stand up "You're such a smart ass" I say

           I go out with her to the kitchen and pour a cup of coffee I drink it fast "You really love coffee" she says handing me my meds I take them then sallow the rest of it. "Not as much as I love you" I say "Cheesy" she says I laugh I go to my bathroom and take a shower then I change into my black ripped jeans my hoodie and watch and black tennis shoes I go back out and she is wearing white tennis shoes and black ripped jeans with a red blouse and her hair is down and she is wearing eyeliner along with her regular make up "You're stunning" I say "It isn't too much is it" she says I grab her waist "No. you're beautiful" I say "I'm liking the beard thing you have going on" she says holding my jaw.

       "Not too long" she says I laugh and we walk outside to the parking garage "About time" James says "Shut up" Natalie says "In the car before I throw all three of you smart asses over the overpass" Xander says I get in the back with Natalie and James gets in the front "Can you stop at the pharmacy Xander?" Natalie asks "Yeah. Sure" he says he pulls into the pharmacy "Come on" she says to me we go into the pharmacy "Go get it it's down that aisle" she says "Why me? You're the one with the uterus!" I say "Well you're the one with the penis who might have impregnated me!" She says x

         "Fine but you owe me" I say "I'll be outside" She says "I hate you" I say I get the plan b and condoms then pay for it and I walk to the car I give the bag to Natalie "The guy at the counter looked at me weird" I say shutting the door I put my seatbelt on "What'd you buy" James says looking back "None of your business" Natalie says "Condoms. Babe they definitely bought condoms" he says to Xander "Shut up" I say "If you don't shut up I swear you're going over the overpass Jay" Xander says putting the car into gear I put my hand on Natalie's thigh as we drive when we get to the mall we both get out of the car.

          I offer Natalie my arm and she loops her arm through mine and we walk through the mall following James "You're birthday is in two days" she whispers "I know don't remind me" I say "Why" she says "I never had a birthday party my dad said that we should never celebrate a life no one wanted" I say "Hey. You're wanted ok I want you" she says.

          "I know" I say letting our fingers intertwine "We should get him a ring" Xander says looking at James "Both of you" I say "Let's go look" James says we go into the jewelry store we look around while James and Xander try on rings "That sets pretty" she says pointing to a set of promise rings one is a rose gold band with "Forever promised" engraved in the front and the other has the same message but has a diamond imbedded in the middle "I love it" I say "Let's get them" she says.

          We get our sizes and buy them I keep hers in my bag and she keeps mine in the other "Pick anything yet" I say "We are still looking" they say "God. Pick something" Natalie says "5 minutes" they say "Come on I'm dragging you to some store" she says grabbing my wrist I follow her out to Victoria's Secret we stop in front of the store "Absolutely not" I say "Why?" She pouts "It's a store filled with lingerie and I'm a guy" I say "Come on I'm sure there are other guys in there with their girlfriends" she says "No" I say "Please.." she says giving me sweet eyes "Fine" I say she grabs my hand I wrap my arm around her waist to keep her close.

        "God woman you're going to be the death of me" I whisper in her ear "I hope so" she whispers. We walk through the store she picks up a black lingerie set "This one?" She asks "Dark green" I say holding another one up "How about both?" She says "Definitely both" I say kissing her forehead I pay for the stuff. James and Xander are outside waiting "Finally" Natalie says.

       "Shut up you're the one who spent 1 hour in Victoria's Secret" James says "Ok. Who wants milkshakes at the food court" Xander says we all nod and walk to the food court me and Natalie sit on one side of the table the waiter comes overs

                   "What can I get you" he says "4 strawberry milkshakes and 4 orders of fries" I say he nods.