Chapter 6

Natalie

       I take Marcus's hands and step on to the alter I look to my left at the front row and I see him Aaron "Aaron" I whisper looking into his eyes all I see is hatred Marcus grabs my chin and brings my eyes up to his and smiles I force a smile as the priest reads the vows all I'm looking at is Aaron when he is done he says "Natalie Mathews do you take Marcus Ledger to be you lawfully wedded husband" I nod "I do" he asks Marcus the same thing "I do" Marcus says "Does anyone object to this union speak now or forever hold your peace" he says.

       Everything in me aches please stand please stand everything in me wants Aaron to stand everything in me wants him to object but he doesn't he stays seated "By the power invested in me I pronounce you husband and wife you may kiss the bride" the priest says.

      Marcus cuffs my face and kisses me I kiss him back then pull away I take his hand as we walk down the aisle he may not have objected like I hoped he would he was there.

     I force tears to match Marcus and his family then we go to the dance floor we have our dances then start the party I'm dancing with Marcus as I catch Aaron looking at me across the room his face is as unreadable as ever but I swear I see something flash in his eyes.

    He looks away when he sees me notice him when I'm done dancing with Marcus I let him go dance with his friends I walk up to Aaron I can tell he is looking for an escape but he doesn't go anywhere "You look.." he says "Just call me beautiful Aaron" I say.

     "I just it's been three years then out of no where you invite me to your wedding" he says "It's hard to explain" I say "I think I understand" he says I look at him he is tall I'm tall too but not as tall as him and his ocean blue eyes make me feel like he sees me clearly and knows everything about me.

     He wipes his thumb just under my eye "Your foundation wore off" he says showing me his thumb stained with wet foundation my hand goes instinctively up to my eye "I swear to god I'll kill him" he says I take his hand he snatches it away and his ocean blue eyes are full of hatred and anger

      "Aaron he didn't mean too... he loves me" I say "He loves you?" He says with an angry laugh "Natalie this isn't love" he says "Aaron he is nothing like my father or yours he cares" I say he puts his hand in his pocket then takes it out with a card "My number if you need it" he says I take his card then I shove it in my bra "I won't need it" I say.

     "I hope not plus I don't want the card back" he says I chuckle and he does too and he smiles.

   Dimples.

     I almost forgot he had dimples. "There's the smile" I say I want to graze my finger against his face but I can't because he can't handle it I want to hug him because I'm sure this is our goodbye "Be happy ok" he says "You too" I say he grazes his finger against the cut under my eye "If this happens again you call me ok?"

    He says I nod and I start to tear up again "Goodbye Natalie" he says "Goodbye Aaron" I say he turns and walks away and my heart breaks in two. He was here then he walked away.