Black Hearted: Chapter 18

Solana shrugged as she leaned back on his desk. Jack couldn't resist admiring the view. Despite its dreadful colour, her fitted shirt outlined her small breasts and created a flattering figure. A straight black skirt and flat functional shoes should have turned him off, but she was so effortless, so confident, so unconcerned he found himself captivated. There was no artifice here, no attempts at flaunting or parading parts of herself to ensnare him. It was refreshing.

He nudged forward. "Don't tell me you're a prude." Flames flared in Solana's green eyes, igniting a warm sensation in his chest. Perhaps she liked dirty talk. Jack decided to test his theory and inched closer. "I like sex. I'm not afraid to admit it."

Solana's chest rose and fell in a quick motion. Good start. Where to go next?

"There's nothing like the feel of a woman." A feather light touch on the back of her hand sent tingles up his arm. "Soft skin against mine." His fingers continued their travels, over her wrist, up her arm. Solana's gaze flew across the room, but she didn't move away. Having her so close was tantalizing. "The sweet scent of her." With the ease of a lazy cat, he dipped down, inhaled the delicate fragrance of her hair. Orange blossom shampoo maybe. Maybe something organic. Oh, Solana, you have a weakness for flowers. He filed that fact away for future use.

Solana shifted, her face hovering before his chest. He wasn't sure, but he thought she took a deep breath, inhaling him. The idea of her covered in his scent caused his pulse to quicken.

A small whimper escaped her lips. Little Jack liked the murmur. "The pleasure of the little sounds she makes." Jack ran his hand around her waist, enjoying the warmth of her body a hair's width away from him. The furnace inside of him turned on. "Mmmm."

This slow dance was enticing. If she were any other woman, he'd have her laid out on his desk by now, be inside her. He couldn't quite explain it, but taking his time with Solana fascinated him. Maybe it was the cat-and-mouse game they had going on. Since their kiss on the plane, he'd wanted her. No, before that, if he was truthful. He'd waited too long for her. Yet, here she was, practically offering herself to him. Not running away. But not giving in to him, either. She was like a math riddle, and he wanted to take her apart number by number, reveal the mystery of her.

She arched her back; her face angling to meet his, their eyes locking. "Is that all?" Her low tone, laced with desire, sent a fissure of excitement up his spine. She wanted him to take her, practically daring him. Something inside warned him not to rush this, not meet her expectations. Exceed them.

"No, sweetheart." He anticipated her backlash to the name she despised, daring her to rebuff him. React she did, but not with loathing. Lust crackled in the tiny space separating them as she inched her luscious lips closer. So close he could feel the warmth of her breath against his skin. They breathed together, in and out. He inhaled her exhales, she sucked in his.

"Yes."

Jack didn't know if the affirmation was a plea for him to continue or permission to touch her.

"There's much more. Like the taste of her." With the barest of motions, his mouth brushed against hers, sampling her, hovering over her. Contact pierced the invisible wall between them and she pressed her body against his, moulding to him. Hot fingers ran along his chest, dug into his lapels, and yanked him closer as she attacked his mouth. The fire inside him flamed to life, an electric current jumpstarting his heart.

Kiss. Buzz. Sensation.

The phenomenon he'd experienced the first time she'd kissed him on the plane returned. Tenfold. This was more than foreplay to the main event. This was something he didn't understand. This was ... new. Giving into the kiss was as easy as stepping into a warm bath, but soon transformed into a torrent. He matched her fever and released the pent-up demand to touch her. Hands, palms, fingers, knee between her legs, lips, lips, lips.